Environmental Health Coordinator
King Faisal Specialist Hospital - Madinah
Madinah, Saudi Arabia
Promotes a safe and sanitary environment through contribution and recommendations in construction, renovation and maintenance projects. Conducts routine and systematic inspections of the environment and monitor of air, water, and environmental surfaces. The prevention of healthcare associated infections.
Education / Qualification Required:
• Master's or Bachelor's Degree of Science in Nursing, Environmental Health, Quality, or other related healthcare discipline from North America, Western Europe, New Zealand or Australia.
• 4 Years of Clinical Experience in an acute care or teaching hospital including
• 2 Years in infection control with environmental health with a Master's degree
• 6 Years of similar requirements with a bachelor's degree
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures compliance with environmental standards related to Joint Commission International Accreditation (JCIA), American Institute of Architecture (AlA) for hospitals and healthcare facilities, OSHA, and other regional and internationally recognized bodies.
• Provides membership and collaboration on committees/task forces including the Infection Control Committee, Safety Hazardous Material Committee.
• Responds to and provides recommendations on environmental emergencies; including Code Amber and Epidemic plan.
• Collaborates with interdisciplinary departments including Fire & Safety, Utilities & Maintenance, Facility Management, Nursing Affairs, Environmental Services, Pest Control and other relevant stakeholders on environmental issues.
• Provides regular reports, issues ICRA Work Permits, and maintains a data base on ongoing projects including construction, renovation, and maintenance.
• Participates in construction, renovation, expansion projects during pre-planning, initiation, during, and upon completion.
• Conducts an Infection Control Risk Assessment (ICRA) to determine risk factors that compromise patients, staff, and others, recommends appropriate barriers, conducts site inspections, and formulates a checklist of
• recommended improvements upon completion of works.
• Conducts inspections, monitors standards, participates and reports on regular environment of care rounds in specialized areas, food establishments, contracted facilities, research animal facilities, and other significant areas within KFSH&RC and outreach centers.
• Monitors standards and participate in activities related to evidence based practice, Ministry of Health regulations, worker health and safety and noise control.
• Monitors air, water (including reverse osmosis/de-ionized water), environmental surface quality, and other significant areas of concern that affect patient and staff safety.
• Assists with staff training related to environment of care, renovation/construction, and OSHA regulations.
• Participates and provides expert recommendations and advice on products related to the environment.
• Performs Infection Control Practitioner or Infection Control Coordinator duties as assigned/required
• Follows all Hospital related policies'and procedures.
• Participates in self and other's education, training and development, as applicable.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.