ITP Media Group publishes consumer and business-to-business content in print and online. Our magazines and websites are complemented by a portfolio of regional awards programmes, webinars, bespoke events and conferences.
The marketing and events department is responsible for showcasing ITP s titles to their core target markets and producing events throughout the year, around the GCC, that are both brand enhancers and commercial opportunities.
The events manager is responsible for the development and A-Z management of a series of awards programmes, webinars, round table meetings and bespoke events. To successfully deliver each event smoothly, the events manager will:
- Work closely with sales, editorial, design, photography and production departments to provide their input to the event programmes when required
- Manage all external suppliers to work to strict deadlines and within budget
- Create, maintain and monitor events budgets
- Oversee guest invitations and table sales campaigns to achieve set targets
- Plan and coordinate marketing campaigns and create marketing collateral to promote events
- Coordinate with sales and sponsors to ensure sponsorship packages are delivered
- Create and maintain high quality and on brand custom channels for events
• Plan, drive and manage different projects simultaneously
• Aggressively negotiate best possible rates with all suppliers, including barter options where applicable
• Maintain events websites to ensure they are always up to date and functioning to take nominations and table bookings
• Build network with suitable venues to ensure best locations and rates are secured
• Work with the director of awards and marketing in planning annual budgets and events KPIs
• Offer ideas and plans to elevate the standard of events
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with other departments and key internal stakeholders
• Set an example with your enthusiasm, personal conduct and approach to solving problems
Qualifications & Experience
The successful candidate should be educated up to secondary school level, with higher education in events management related subjects an advantage. A minimum of three years of experience is required working in an event management role, with a focus on B2B awards and conferences an advantage. Experience and knowledge in design tools and virtual events would also be beneficial.
The events manager will have a passion for event planning, excellent organisational skills and will be a strong verbal and written communicator. A strong practitioner of customer service, the events manager will be able to multi-task effectively, work well under pressure, have a proactive approach to tasks and be able to foster good working relationships at all levels, both internally and externally. Familiarity with web and design programmes such as WordPress, Zoho Backstage and indesign would be an advantage.
• Organised and forward thinking
• Creative thinker and solutions oriented
• Project management skills
• Relentless attention to detail
• Ability to multi-task
• Works well under pressure
• Able to use initiative
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal
• Able to work in a team and independently
• Problem solving capabilities
Being an ITP employee is an opportunity to be part of the largest content creation house in the region and provides the luxury of working with global brands and experienced industry leaders. To ensure we invest in the development of our team, employees are given access to a variety of learning resources and exciting career development opportunities.
We believe in recognizing the passionate efforts of our team members. Our employees are rewarded by competitive tax-free remuneration, attractive bonus structure, medical insurance and a generous leave entitlement scheme that sees annual holiday entitlement grow as tenure with the company increases. ITP employees also enjoy a variety of staff offers at many local restaurants, salons, hotels and service providers.
If this sounds like you please apply with a copy of your CV and a cover letter reflecting why you are the ideal candidate for the team.