UAE Nationals are encouraged to apply
New York University Abu Dhabi (NYUAD) seeks to appoint an Executive Assistant reporting to the Assistant Vice Chancellor, External Relations.
The Executive Assistant handles operational and administrative details for the Assistant Vice Chancellor, External Relations, and performs administrative functions that require a comprehensive knowledge of University policies, procedures, and operations and an understanding of NYU Abu Dhabi s role within the community. The Executive Assistant exercises initiative and judgement in managing the AVC s schedule, and uses discretion in sharing information to stakeholders. The Executive Assistant coordinates activities within the Office of External Relations and across administrative functions of the University. S/he is responsible for the organization and coordination of office operations, procedures, and resources to facilitate organizational effectiveness and efficiency within the Office of External Relations.
• Facilitates the efficient utilization of the AVC s time through development and coordination of a complex calendar of appointments, meetings, social engagements, and University and community functions with individuals and groups
• Promotes a positive image of the University by greeting and receiving visitors, responding to inquiries from diverse stakeholders both within and outside of the University community, referring inquiries or problems to the appropriate office or person, resolving problems, and following up
• Safeguards the confidentiality of the AVC and the University by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students, staff, our Abu Dhabi partner, NYU, and various other stakeholders and in handling confidential or sensitive information
• Coordinates the flow of incoming communications and outgoing communications by receiving, routing, and/or responding to incoming communications and determining the appropriate contact for outgoing communications
• Facilitates official travel for the AVC and official visitors by making travel arrangements and preparing associated approval forms and expense reports
• Provides information for reports and briefings through research, data retrieval, compiling information, and organizing and presenting the information in approved and easily understandable formats.
• Maintain hard-copy and electronic confidential files and records and document management/retrieval systems. Establish a monitoring and status-of-work reporting system regarding ongoing office projects
• Analyze issues, data, research and produce reports, memos and briefing documents as required
• Customize and/or compose letters on own initiative or in response to university matters to be sent on behalf of the AVC. Prepares correspondence for distribution or approval
• Performs records management of a complex filing system by overseeing the filing system, creating files, and records as necessary using judgment and knowledge of office requirements, updating files and records, assisting with removal or maintenance/clean-up of files, and retrieving files and documents as needed
• Assists with development and management of the budgets under control of the AVC by maintaining budget records, reconciling and verifying invoices and receipts for accuracy, producing financial summaries, approving expenditures, completing budget transfers, and other duties as required. Approving Purchasing card transactions
• Ensure s/he is fully up to date with all goings on within the AVC office, to enable seamless support and coverage when necessary. Includes access to highly sensitive information and discretion is paramount
Team Support and Special Projects and Events
• Assists with ACV oversight by reviewing, monitoring, and approving University personnel forms, following up, and reviewing correspondence and documents prepared by other offices for the AVC
• Management of various special projects with minimal supervision; planning, organizing, coordinating and execution, on behalf of the AVC including serving as an event coordinator for various functions of the AVC office
• Facilitates the success of events hosted by the AVC by scheduling events with appropriate offices and agencies, advising/contacting participants or invited guests, preparing agendas and programs, using independent judgment regarding event alternatives, modifications, or last-minute changes, and coordinating or providing support during the events
• Purchasing required subscriptions and memberships on behalf of the AVC and External Relations office.
• Serve as representative with internal stakeholders, to represent the AVC in a professional manner.
• Proofread documents for accuracy and completeness. Perform other general word processing and copy editing duties. Modify and/or create databases and complex spreadsheets
• Serve as point of contact on behalf of and in response to requirements specific to the AVC, both internally and externally
• Attend operations, project, and program-related meetings with the AVC (planning meetings, Committees meetings), to capture information and assure thorough follow up
• Organizing team meetings, creating the agenda and taking minutes for follow up, as well as organizing off site team away days
Environment and Culture
• Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
• Remains competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional relationships with colleagues, attending professional development seminars, and attending training and/or courses as required by the AVC
• Contributes to the overall success of the University by performing other essential duties and responsibilities as assigned