The purpose of the post is to provide Administrative, Clerical and PA support to the Senior Vice President (Teaching and Learning), in relation to all activities connected with the delivery and enhancement of academic programmes.
Your main role will include liaison with a range of internal and external stakeholders both British and Egyptian, complex diary management, arranging and servicing meetings, dealing with incoming communications via a variety of media, producing a range of University documents as well as progressing a number of different University projects.
You will operate as part of a team including Executive Assistant to Senior Vice-President for Teaching and Learning; Coordinator for Teaching and Learning; Quality Assurance and Validation Office and to support and report directly to the Senior Vice President (Teaching and Learning).
The key duties attached to the post are, within the context of the University s Teaching and Learning strategy as follows:
• Secretarial support
1.1 Correspondence and communication
• Screen and prioritise all correspondence and incoming calls and respond as appropriate.
• Write email and letter responses where agreed.
• Communicate verbally and in writing to inquiries and provide appropriate information.
• Maintain contacts database.
1.2 Reports, documents, databases and websites
• Prepare confidential correspondence and reports.
• Assist with editing and producing a range of documents.
• Assist in the compilation of a range of University documents.
• Maintain and update websites and internal databases.
1.3 Diary management
• Arrange and confirm appointments.
• Contact all involved with any diary changes.
1.4 Meeting support
• Book rooms and required support for meetings (IT, refreshments etc).
• Attend internal/external meetings where requested.
• Prepare agendas.
• Take and disseminate minutes.
• Circulate necessary papers in advance.
• Make travel arrangements, supply maps, and ensure travel time between appointments.
• Meet and host guests.
1.5 HR and expenses
• Liaise with HR to monitor leave requests, absences, work permits and visa renewals.
• Process Senior Vice President s expenses.
• Office support
• Establish and develop effective office systems.
• Keep electronic versions of documents in an organised and secure manner, also responsible for any filing / scanning / photocopying generated by the responsibilities of the role.
• Ensure stationery requirements are met.
• Arrange regular calendar meetings: staff meetings, line management meetings, University meetings.
• Develop and maintain positive contact with all stakeholders, including faculties, departments, staff, students and UK and other partners.
• Arrange meetings and venues with stakeholders.
• Disseminate information as necessary and in a timely fashion.
• Provide close liaison with key validation partners.
• Project administration, data management, decision making and problem solving
• Administer and plan a series of projects that progress the University s Strategic Plan and specifically the University s Teaching and Learning Strategy.
• Carry out research to support effective delivery of projects including effective use of complex data.
• Deal with queries, issues and / or requests and make decisions over when to refer conflict or more complex situations to the relevant person.
• Solve problems including those of a more complex nature, judging when to refer or involve others.
• Other responsibilities
• Anticipate the Senior Vice President s workload through attendance at staff meetings, awareness of the Quality Enhancement Cycle and Academic Calendar and through a good understanding of the University, its committees and procedures.
• Attend University events and perform other duties and tasks as part of the team, which are occasionally outside of usual office hours.
• Undertake continuing professional development in order to stay up-to-date professionally.
Previous experience as an Executive Assistant
Previous experience of working in a university/educational setting
Strong self-motivation and the ability to work without close supervision
Ability to ensure accuracy and attention to detail
A systematic approach to work
Ability to work under pressure in a busy office environment
Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and use initiative as appropriate
Flexibility in dealing with multiple and varying duties concurrently
Ability to exercise confidentiality and discretion
To maintain boundaries and clear delineation of responsibilities in a task or situation, with good humour
Ability to demonstrate excellent inter personal skills in a multicultural environment
Ability to work cooperatively within a team and to contribute in a thoughtful manner
Proficient English language skills including in writing and editing documents
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Excellent organisational, time management and administrative skills
Strong MS Office skills, including email, spreadsheets, word processing
Experience of databases and maintaining websites
A high typing speed
Effective minute taking and writing
Excellent, polite, professional, friendly telephone manner
Experience of project management and administration
Qualifications and Training
A University degree
A recognised administrative/secretarial certificate