As an active member of the Management team, the Executive Chef will oversee the Culinary Division, plan and be responsible for food production and management of all food while taking ownership for the development and quality of the kitchen areas.
Nestled amongst the hidden valleys of the majestic Al Hajar Mountains, Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort lies along the coastal region of Dibba, the second largest town in the emirate of Fujairah. Set against a dramatic backdrop of rugged terrain, travelers can expect to discover a destination lauded for its natural beauty, with archeological and heritage sites all within easy accessibility from the resort.
Summary of Responsibilities
Reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Actively participate in the strategic planning and ongoing development of the hotel, including revenue forecasting, ensuring the delivery of our environmental commitments, overseeing the health, safety and security of our guests and colleagues
• Lead and support all departments in the achievement of their financial and operational targets via effective organizational development, policy and procedural development, and appropriate colleague training activities
• Oversee the selection, training and development of all Culinary colleagues to ensure timely recruitment and a focus on career growth and development
• Clearly demonstrate to guests and colleagues a commitment to service excellence through the effective implementation and delivery of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Core Standards at all times
• Foster a winning, solution-oriented work environment, motivating and engaging colleagues to continuously deliver the best possible service to our guests
• Ensure all kitchens are compliant with Fairmont Hotels & Resorts Food & Beverage service standards and controls
• Ensure that all kitchen operations are compliant with legislated food safety regulations
• Responsible for attaining food cost of sales goals by overseeing ordering, inventories and food controls for the entire division. Will work with food stores to ensure proper delivery(and quality) of all food items
• Assist in the annual planning of the F&B budget as it pertains to the kitchen (food cost, productivities), as well as implementation and regular monitoring of the budget/forecasts
• Work with sous chefs to ensure that the weekly productivity forecast is completed accurately and in a timely fashion
• Source local ingredients for seasonal food items
• Ensure that all menus are created using guest feedback, industry trends, competitive intelligence, seasonal offerings and all FHR service standards
• Work together with the F&B Manager on all areas pertaining to menus and food service
• Develop menus for all food operations. Ensure all menu items are costed accurately
• Play an active role in the F&B operation committee meetings
• Ensure that work on the kitchen action plans for Colleague engagement and Guest satisfaction remain the focus for the kitchen team
• Liaise with all departments to ensure that there is clear communication and understanding and positive relationships between the departments and the kitchen (Events, Accounting, HR, Engineering, etc)
• Ensure heart of house is clean and well maintained-maintain effective preventative maintenance program for all kitchens
• Responsible for the running of the Employee Dining Room, including cleanliness, operation and food production.