At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
We are looking for an accomplished and energized Design leader to be our "Director of Design". You ll lead a growing team of 6+ talented UX and Interaction and Industrial Designers responsible for crafting compelling experiences for DarkMatter.
In this role, you will:
• Lead a team of managers and designers to help make impactful decisions in our products, marketing materials and brand.
• Collaborate with your peers in leadership within Product, Engineering and Marketing and the Executive team to define a strategic vision for what we build, keeping focus on solving user problems while managing projects from conception through to completion.
• Help set and develop a clear design vision for the organization and design principles for the team.
• Help designers define their career paths, identify opportunities and level up to do the best work of their lives. Hire and retain top talent. Develop more managers and designers as we grow and ensure individual goals are aligned with the overall established strategy.
• Grow the team ensuring diversity and inclusion, by attracting and recruiting the right talent, and fostering a culture of trust and respect.
• Help scale the design team and culture through the organization. Set the bar for quality across the organization.
• Being the voice of design outside and inside the company: sharing our work and fostering its culture. Represent us and publicly in ways like: writing, speaking, or running events in order to share what we do.
• Quantitatively connect experience strategies to business results through research, customer usage and contact data.
To bring your dream to life, you will need:
• Bachelor's Degree in design, HCI, computer science, or relevant experience, Master's Degree is advantageous
• Minimum 10 years UX and Industrial Design experience and a thorough understanding of design methods, tools and processes
• Minimum 5 years of design leadership experience inspiring your team to do the best work of their careers.
• Expertise in the creation of compelling, original user interfaces and experiences, across multiple channels on consumer-facing software and/or hardware products.
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
• Theoretical and practical knowledge across domains of design research, service design, experience design, and visual design
• High energy, passion and precision in everything you do
• Proven ability to collaborate cross-functionally with product and engineering, balancing process and productivity with craft and creative explorations. Emphasis on prototyping, iterative cycles, research, and learning
• Endless resourcefulness and a proven ability to cut through roadblocks and solve problems quickly
• Demonstrated ability to use your awesomeness to recruit, onboard and develop world-class design team members
• Strong verbal and written communication skills required
Working in Abu Dhabi:
Just off the Arab Gulf and right next to the most perfect beaches, is a place where geniuses make an impact. At DarkMatter, we re turning our biggest ideas into reality in one of the fastest moving and most dynamic cities on the planet. Working here, you ll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you ll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you ll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won t have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You ll find people of over 50 nationalities working at DarkMatter. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is a high-tech oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.