The Executive Director undertakes the strategic & intellectual leadership in addition to general management of RCREEE. S/He works on the development and implementation of RCREEE strategic plan efficiently and with high quality. The Executive Director submits periodic reports to the Executive Committee. He/she also represents RCREEE in accordance with Article 8 of the RCREEE s Charta and supervises all RCREEE activities.
The Executive Director responsibilities include the following:
• Secure RCREEE institutional & financial sustainability and independence. Continuously ensure and enhance a robust pipeline of projects, contracts and agreements aligned with RCREEE work areas and mandate
• Lead RCREEE team in developing innovative financing mechanisms and ensuring the progression of projects, agreements and contracts to secure adequate fund to implement RCREEE s mission and objectives through solid partnerships and projects portfolio that fits RCREEE s work areas and mandate
• Formulate a clear vision and work plan, with detailed budget and enhancement tools, to ensure effective implementation of RCREEE s mandate, objectives and activities defined by RCREEE charta, and in accordance with the Board of Trustees and Executive Committee decisions, and to maintain RCREEE s image and deepen its positive impact
• Assess the political & economic status and trends in RCREEE Member States regularly, in coordination with the members of RCREEE Board of Trustees and Executive Committee, to ensure RCREEE s projects and programs are relevant and responds to emerging priorities and needs
• Stimulate dialogues and establish new strategic partnerships with regional and international stakeholders and partners to strengthen RCREEE s position, facilitate its mission and attract additional funds
• Deepen and strengthen RCREEE s commitment to sustainable strategies in RCREEE Member States (with special focus on renewable energy and energy efficiency strategies)
• Develop and strengthen RCREEE institutional & intellectual capabilities and internal organizational development activities to ensure diversity and quality
• Develop, enhance and maintain efficient organizational structure & excellent inter-departmental communications flow. The executive director sets clear responsibilities, performance indicators and targets for positions in the organization s structure. S/he up-scales RCREEE s performance in cooperation with Executive Committee ensuring adhering to regulations and efficient economic standards
• Promote knowledge management to ensure availing best experiences and information exchange
• Adhere to RCREEE s charta, regulations, governance bodies (Board of Trustees and Executive Committee) decisions, financial audit requirements & recommendations in accordance with international best practices.
• Foster empowering work environment that encourages initiatives, teamwork, diversity and fairness
Competencies and Qualifications
The Executive Director must be a citizen of one of RCREEE Member States: Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Mauritania, Palestine, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, Tunisia and Yemen.
The selection process will be made on the basis of the following criteria in line with the established principles of recruitments for regional organizations:
• At least 15 years of experience (after obtaining his/hrt university degree or its equivalent) in energy or engineering (electrical or mechanical) or economics, or business and financial administration,
• At least 10 years of work experience holding leadership position at organization working in renewable energy, energy efficiency and sustainability domain or international financial institutions or intergovernmental organizations, or self-financed institutions
• Advanced university degree (at least Master s Degree) in one of the following domains energy, renewable energy, energy efficiency, sustainable development, management and economics, business administration or banking.
• A strong comprehensive knowledge of energy, renewable energy, and climate change issues, sustainable development international agenda, and its global trends and relevant stakeholders
• Proven ability to create and lead innovative financing models to ensure adequate funds and to lead financial management team with transparency adhering to international standards
• Strong analytical, and negotiating skills, including the ability to engage and motivate a diverse range of stakeholders to establish strong strategic partnerships with RCREEE
• Strong knowledge of intergovernmental organizations challenges including working effectively and efficiently with development partners
• Proven experience in projects and grants acquisition from different donors and financing institutions
• Experience in developing and proposing new concepts attractive to donors and financing institutions
• Experience in building strong relationships with relevant national, regional and international institutions
• Fluency in oral and written Arabic and English or Arabic and French. Knowledge of the three languages is a plus.
• Experience in financial management and resources management.
• Age should not exceed 55 years.
* Note: References of the above qualifications will be requested upon passing the initial assessment and selection phase.
• Works effectively with team members from all backgrounds on the basis of equality, dignity and respect
• Respects and understands different points of view
• Controls his/her personal biases ensuing they won t interfere in decision making processes and avoids any discriminate against any individual or group
• Respect and Trust Building
• Encourages team work and freedom of expression
• Operates with transparency and supports colleagues, staff members and stake holders
• Follows up on exaction of work plans and encourages efficient employees
• Treats sensitive or confidential information appropriately
• Honors commitments with all stakeholders
• Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules
• Supports subordinates, and provides the needed directions and supervision
• Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work units, where applicable.
• Serves as a role model to follow and empowers team members to ensure the achievement of RCREEE's objectives.
• Sets a vision regarding future sustainable challenges and solutions and anticipates innovative strategies
• Problem and conflict solving by pursuing mutually agreeable solutions