The College of Arts and Creative Enterprises seeks an incumbent for the position of Exhibition Coordinator which requires someone with both vision and managerial capabilities. Someone who will both initiate and assist in CACE programming on and off campus exhibitions and related events such as guest lectures, visiting artists and designers, panel discussions, etc. Ultimately, we seek a person who will be responsible for coordinating the programming and effective running of the Al Fanoon Gallery in Abu Dhabi and other CACE exhibition spaces in Dubai. In partnership with faculty on the CACE Exhibitions and External Affairs Committee, and the Assistant Dean of Graduate Studies, Research and Outreach, the Exhibitions Coordinator will maintain the annual exhibition schedules, lecture series, develop proposals, as well as promoting these activities and through marketing initiatives. The Exhibition Coordinator supports College exhibitions and galleries within Dubai and surrounding Emirates and is a point of contact for the community.
Gallery and Exhibition Spacers - Operations Support, Maintenance and Supervision:
• Liaises with the various departments for communication of special events
• Prepares any required documents or information to process for the dissemination of any event or exhibition both on and off campus
• Works with faculty to carry out teaching goals and special departmental projects and maintains presentation and gallery spaces within the college and externally
• Oversees the daily operations of the gallery and exhibition spaces of CACE
• Works with other college staff for exhibition installation both on and off campus
• Responsible for gallery and exhibition inventory and procurement, bookings of services, transport arrangements, etc.
• Provides guidance to staff and students as required.
• Supports with other College duties as required.
• Primary liaison and assistant to realize the annual Senior Project Exhibition
• Document artwork and exhibits, and archive information related to exhibitions and events in a central database
First Aid and Workplace Health and Safety:
• Understands the work environment during installation of exhibitions and follow health and safety regulations of the space.
• In coordination with CACE technicians, will ensure use of sustainable products during exhibition installations and storage of artworks.
Communication and Training:
• Presents written reports to the college, arranges meetings, introduces new initiatives, provides the necessary information for the press office
• Schedules when necessary flexible work after hours and on weekends to realize exhibitions or other related projects.
• Attends meetings on either campus; and or assist with various events on and off campus.
• Attends training to enhance skills and knowledge in key accountability areas, as required.
• Must possess a bachelor s degree from an accredited Institution in (Museum Studies, Arts Management, or Art History) with a minimum of 4 years of experience. An MA or MFA in Art is preferred. Candidate with a bachelor s or BFA with equivalent professional experience will be considered.
• Experience in gallery administration, education, event management and/or exhibition coordination and curating will be favored.
• Candidates must be available to work in the evenings and/or weekends, as well as to travel between campuses and attend events off campus and in other Emirates.
• Proficiency in MS Office is essential. Knowledge of exhibition preparation is expected. Proficiency in other digital software a plus.