The External Retail Manager is responsible to boost and achieve the agreed sales targets in a strategic and competitive area. He is an Ambassador for the brand and establishes a strong and long term partnership with regional partners and local sales teams with a clear focus on the external boutiques network. He provides continuous support and highest level of service to the accounts under his management.
• Responsible for implementation of brand strategy in the Middle East & Africa (comprising of GCC, Turkey, South Africa, & Israel ) based on the Maison s worldwide guidelines and local specificities.
• Develop the external retail network in the GCC
• Achieve yearly set sales objectives (including wholesale, external and internal retail)
• Monitor the growth of every retailer (Sell-out strategy, model stock implementation, etc.).
• Work closely with the Retail Director on monthly allocations and minimum stock.
• Ensure exclusive distribution according to brand strategies
• Implement action plan to increase the network sell-out
• Qualitative increase of brand visibility via qualitative distribution scenarios
• Prospect of new territories and sales potentials
• Regularly visit business partners to review business and cultivate strong relationships
• Control and ensure timely payments from retailers
• Plan monthly travel for visiting POS
• Control the respect of image (visibility, stock, display material, etc.)
• Monitor competition, products launches, events, pricing and overall network development.
• Maximise visibility of brand in the POS keeping brand guidelines in view, negotiate for space and work closely with VM on implementation (animations, etc.).
• Lead the external Boutiques to success and achieve sales targets yearly both in SI and SO.
• Recruit, train and develop external boutique teams
• Build a yearly 360 Marketing plan in collaboration with the marketing team and the Brand Director
• Identify potential events opportunities to recruit new clients and increase brand awareness.
• Responsible for annual sales forecast for each market, in coordination with the Supply-Chain / Marketing Department.
• Prepare and participate to the trade shows (e.g. Bahrain, Qatar) and expos (SIHH).
• Create and execute annual regional Akademie
• Conduct on the road POS trainings
• Organize the manufacture visits for local sales team.
• Follow up on customer s complaints to ensure they are resolved efficiently
• Minimum of 5 years experience in wholesale, business development and/or account management experience of a global consumer or luxury brand in a MNC
• Bachelor s degree holder or higher educational qualification
• Understanding of the luxury retail industry and market knowledge and trends
• Strong in visioning and commercial mindset: Ability to see the bigger picture, anticipate future consequences and trends, strong analytical skills
• Drive: Goal oriented, resourceful and resilient
• Consistently pushes himself/herself for the highest level of achievement
• Excellent communication skills in English and Arabic languages
• No travel restrictions within the Middle East, India, Africa region