F&B Operations Manager
To ensure that correct Operating standards & Departmental operations manual are set, adhered to & Updated in order to achieve the level of established service .
2. To coordinate the formulation of the Annual Operating Budget in determining restaurant’s projected revenues and expenses, operating equipment and FF & requirements, in line with the compilation of the Annual Business plan. Assuming full P&L responsibility and monitoring key financial indicators
3. To develop, Manage & oversee new restaurants & coffee shops
4. To establish concept statements for each individual restaurant and monitor carefully the response by the guests in order to make changes to the concept as and when necessary, after concept changes have been approved by the chairman
5. To ensure that each restaurant is managed by a managed by a management team (outlet manager/chef de cuisine) who are totally accountable for their profitability.
6. To ensure that each restaurant and catering are managed successfully & efficiently as an independent profit centers according to the established concept statements
7. To monitor all costs and to recommend measures to control them
8. To ensure that the Departmental operations budget is strictly adhered to.
9. To assign responsibilities to the F&B Manager and outlet teams and to check their performance periodically
10. To monitor service and food and beverage standards in all outlet and Banquets and to assist during peak periods. To work with the F&B Manager, outlet managers, catering service manager, and to respective chef’s de cuisine to take corrective action where necessary.
11. To handle all guest complaints, requests and enquiries on food, beverage and service.
12. To establish a rapport with guests, maintaining good guest relationships.
13. Verifies frequently that only fresh products are used in food preparation. Liaise daily with Executive chef& F&B Manager on food trends, quality and creative ideas.
14. Ensures with the Executive chef that the food for employees is up to standard
15. To coordinate the formulation of the Annual Marketing plan for each restaurant with marketing activities which become part of the Annual Business plan.
16. To ensure that all Food & Beverage & Accounting forms and reports are checked & controlled.
17. To conduct daily operations briefings with the Accounting ,HR,F&B Manager & /or outlet Managers
18. To conduct weekly operational meeting
19. To identify market needs for both island residents and the local market
20. To monitor and analyze the activities and trends of competitive restaurants, and other caterings establishments.
21. To ensure that all outlet management teams and catering department are fully aware of market needs and trends and that their products meet these requirements
22. To recruit and select food and beverage heads of department who are able to work within the decentralized management philosophy
23. To train and develop outlet heads so that they are able to operate independently within their own profit centers
24. To ensure that each outlet head plans and implements effective training programs for their staff with the F&B Manager.
25. To develop departmental trainers and assign training responsibilities with coordination with the Human resources department
26. To conduct yearly performance appraisals of management personnel
27. To supervise the employees within the company, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the company’s operations Manual.
28. To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s policies relating to Fire, Hygiene, Health and Safety.
29. To carry out quarterly, bi-yearly, yearly inventory of operating equipment
30. To ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and name badge at all times
31. To assist in the building of an efficient team of employees by taking an active interest in their welfare, safety and development
32. To ensure that all employees provide a courteous and professional service at all times
33. To assist in the training of the employees ensuring of the employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in the Department’s operation manual
34. To ensure that the departments’ operational budget is strictly adhered to and that all costs are strictly controlled.
35. To ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the company’s employee rules and regulations
36. To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.