ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The generation of innovation leaders/Gil is a program by UNICEF designed to address the high unemployment rates among youth in Lebanon and their lack of access to the knowledge economy. Under this project, Berytech aims to increase access of Lebanese and Non-Lebanese youth (17-25 years) to technical and vocational training and innovative skills building programs for improved professional readiness and employability.
About the Fab Labs
UNICEF is working on implementing 3 open-access digital fabrication labs in three innovation labs for students, professionals, artists, techies, entrepreneurs, and makers across Lebanon. The Fab Labs empower them with the latest digital manufacturing technologies and a vast array of resources to create, fabricate, and transform their ideas into working prototypes and innovative products.
The Business Technical Expert will work on designing the sustainability model of the 3 Fab Labs in order to ensure that the spaces will remain operational after the end of the project duration. Additionally, the consultant will work on setting the visibility plan of the Fab Labs that will be used to promote the labs services and attract external users. Further to that, the consultant will conduct a market study/research to set the pricing lists and packages of the Fab Labs.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & JOB TASKS
• Set up a business plan based on activities (education and services) that will attract non-GiL beneficiaries while keeping a space for GiL beneficiaries to access the training workshops and Lab tools for free.
• Develop a sustainability plan that will be based on a service fee approach
• Set pricing lists and membership models that fit the pilot areas and community needs.
• Determine an annual budget for Fab Labs
• Map out direct and indirect competitors, including potential future competitors, for existing and potential revenue channels
EDUCATION & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
• Bachelor s degree in Business, Finance, Operations, Research, Statistics, Math, Economics, or equivalent related practical experience. Master s degree is a plus.
• Financial management experience with business analysis planning (preferably for factories, industrial businesses, maker spaces, design houses, design companies, or relevant setting)
• 3+ years of practical experience of using Microsoft Excel for building and maintaining financial models
• Relevant Experience to maker spaces and Fab Labs business models
• Experience conducting market research, including analyzing research reports
• Experience in marketing tools and channels
• Excellent spoken and written communication; comfort reaching out to and interviewing the company s management, employees, and customer base
Interested applicants meeting all the above requirements are to submit by email to email@example.com , mentioning the position name in the subject line
• Cover letter on why they qualify for the position
• CV, clearly demonstrating experience and skills
• Names and contact details of three references. References will not be contacted without prior consent.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.