This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
The Facilities Operations and Maintenance (O&M) Manager is responsible for providing leadership and daily management, direction, and guidance for their assigned Branch in the Public Works Directorate, Operations and Maintenance Department. Develops and implements methodologies and procedures that maximize performance without jeopardizing employee safety. Responsible for all applicable Performance Work Statement (PWS) performance standards and achievement of key operating objectives in the areas of facility and asset readiness, operating efficiency, and reliability. Ensures proper tool and equipment safety, environmental compliance along with quality assurance programs and practices are strictly adhered to. Overall responsible for the staffing management within their assigned Branch and provides specialized knowledge, skills, and oversight of day-to-day O&M functions. Assists the Director in meeting financial goals.
MAJOR JOB ACTIVITIES:
1. Assists the O&M Director in providing oversight and direction to all mission critical programs, processes geared toward performance management, maintenance management, project management, asset integrity and financial management.
2. Ensure high asset reliability without compromise to employee safety or environmental commitments.
3. Support and emphasize the importance of safety and environmental programs and ensures regulatory compliance.
4. Ensures the safety of all employees by focusing on the elimination of injuries to employees, contractors and visitors.
5. Interface with regulatory, political, business, civic and public representatives.
6. Ensure facility assets are operated and maintained in compliance with all building code and regional standards including performing self-certifications and audits.
7. Identify all permit requirements and ensure the applicable testing is performed and proper information is provided for renewing the permits as required by jurisdictional regulatory agencies.
8. Prepare, maintain and provide a variety of reports/documents as required or upon request.
9. Qualify operators and technicians as O&M Technician for plants, trade functions and ensure all operators maintain proficiency in safely perform required work.
10. Respond to emergency work as required.
11. Create and support an organizational culture that encourages and rewards employee involvement, innovative thinking, and adaptation to change, responsible risk taking, and continuous improvement.
12. Provide leadership through workforce planning, succession planning and training opportunities.
13. Manage, assign work and hold employees accountable for their performance.
14. Promote productivity and teamwork with open communication, timely decision making, and use of leadership skills to set high standards of performance, while providing the direction necessary to achieve performance.
15. Establish responsibilities, goals and expectations of assigned employees. Monitor and provide feedback to employees to ensure daily production activities support Company, Program and Directorate goals.
16. Work under limited to no supervision.
17. Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities.
18. Determines the common causes of lost production within the sections.
19. Performs detail reviews of individual assets and identifying performance improvement opportunities to increase the mean time between failures.
20. Provide management direction in the absence of the O&M Director.