• Engineering Degree from an accredited college or university.
• Piping Design Engineer with minimum 15 years of experience in piping design of onshore oil & gas plants with exposure to Construction activities, willing to work at site responsible for providing design and technical support for all piping activities at site.
• Provide technical assistance for all piping activities at site.
• Interpretation of design drawings and provide necessary assistance to site.
• Provide commissioning and construction support with irregular site visits.
• Resolution of site queries.
• Resolution of deign issues in consultation with Client.
• Co-ordination with Client for approval of design documents.
• Experience working with KOC Kuwait Oil Company.
• Experience working with an international EPC company.
• Previous construction (field) engineering experience.
• Excellent leadership and communications skills.
As a Field Project Engineer (FPE), jobs at this level are responsible for the direction and coordination of project resources, typically on smaller, less complex projects, or as part of larger projects, in order to ensure that construction meets all contractual requirements in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
He shall provide Technical Engineering guidance to supervisors and subcontractor personnel to ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instructions applicable to one or more disciplines.
• Review all contract documentation to assess constructability, identify any potential areas for concern and to ensure any special features are brought to attention such as extra works variations.
• Review Engineering drawings, documents and deliverables relating to area of functional responsibility to assess constructability and consistency with contract requirements.
• Prepare and issue Purchase Requests for project materials (other than those prepared by Engineering) and consumables.
• Prepare and/or review project specific and other procedures to ensure comprehensive cover of all project activities as per the contract requirements.
• Coordinate all project related activities with other departments and sections to ensure effective integration of tasks and minimize potential delays.
• Participate in the compilation of sub-contractor scopes of work for non-service requirements and undertake bid evaluations, making recommendations where appropriate. Monitor sub-contractor performance post award.
• Answering/Issuing Request For Information (RFI), issuing Field Change Request (FCR), Field Change Notice (FCN) and Deficiency Reports as required.
• Ensure compliance with all statutory procedures and quality and safety standards including any defined recording and reporting procedures.
• Follow-up with client on approvals and instructions, attend client meetings and liaise with client counterpart on all matters relating to area of responsibility.
• Monitor and review the receipt of vendor deliverables to ensure timely delivery, compliance with specifications and follow-up with suppliers to avoid delays.
• Participate in the preparation of the final documentation and close out report, bringing the project to final conclusion.
• Participate in a formal review of the project close-out report with relevant parties, on completion, to identify opportunities for learning and development.
• Assist the Construction/Project Manager in managing construction activities to ensure projects proceed on schedule and to required quality standards. Provide technical clarifications to vendor representatives during their assignments on the jobsite. Review Reports and inputs of actual quantities installed on a daily basis.
• Monitor generation of field materials requisitions (FMR), receipt of materials, and preparation of material summary reports.
• Prepare and disseminate all required documentation records such as status reports, punch lists describing work items to be done, sketches of work already completed, material requirement calculations etc.
• Actively participate in “As built Mark-up” and transferring the same to design engineering group.
• Initiate back charges as appropriate if vendor/sub-contractor supply or works in error.
• Responsible for the completion of discipline activities within schedule Work in cooperation with Completions group and Client representatives; perform system identification and turnover of completed project facilities including preparation of necessary turnover documentation.
• Evaluate problems & weigh impair on schedule, initiate recovery plan.
• Ensure the availability of the necessary resources for project execution.
• Compliance in accordance with HSE/QA Standard.
• Must have the ability to spend extended periods in the field and expected to spend four hours or 40% of the day in the field working.