Join our team dedicated to developing and executing innovative solutions in support of customer mission success.
We are seeking a TS/SCI cleared Field Service Engineer, located in Kuwait to be responsible for maintaining mission-essential systems while providing direct support to end users in an operational environment.
In this role you will:
• Be proficient supporting a distributed LINUX server and Database environment - Virtual and Physical
• Problem solve complex IT topics and take initiative to recommend and implement solutions
• Positive attitude and user support oriented, willingness to teach and advise on technical and functional issues
• Be required to meet short notice operational requirements
• 5 years experience supporting Linux/Unix systems in an enterprise production environment
• Expert Linux knowledge of RedHat, CentOS, Scientific Linux or similar Linux/Unix systems
• TCP/IP networking knowledge including addressing, sub-netting, routing, and troubleshooting techniques.
• Experience with system administrative scripting. (bash, Python, etc.)
• Experience with modern server deployment techniques including templates, kick starting, and configuration management systems, etc.
• No-SQL database server deployment and management (Cassandra, Mongodb, etc.)
• SQL database experience (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.)
• Experience with deployment and configuration of monitoring systems (Nagios, Cacti, etc.)
• Strong understanding of security concepts including but not limited to firewalls, encryption, identity management, and hardening
• Experience implementing security best practices in production environments
• Experience with deploying and maintaining IT automation tools (Ansible, Chef, Salt, etc.)
• Experience and knowledge of DNS configuration and best practices
• Experience with Data management and disaster recovery processes
• Experience with mission critical Enterprise level systems and IT operations, aka "5 Nines"
• Comfortable with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
• Interact and collaborate with war-fighters on a daily basis
• Collect customer requirements and train users
• Willingness to work occasional long hour days and weekends when necessary
• Desire to learn new technologies to share and build knowledge with the teams
• BS in Computer Science or related field
• Active TS/SCI clearance in JPAS