We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Finance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As an Accounts Receivable you are responsible to review the city ledger, prepare invoices and verify purchase slips in a smooth and effective way and in compliance with all policies, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• Transfer daily city ledger data from Front Office system to Back Office Accounts Receivable module
• Verify the total transfer with city ledger folios
• Review the city ledger folios with supporting documents such as charge slips, LPOs, etc.
• Follow up if required for billing instructions, LPOs, supporting documents, etc.
• Prepare invoices and obtain Director of Finance / Financial Controller signature
• Send the original invoices with supporting documents to the customer, file a copy of the full set in the customer file and another copy in the sequential file
• Calculate commission for credit card payments received
• Issue receipts for cash and cheques received from customers and credit card payment received directly to the bank
• Hand over all cash receipts to the General Cashier with receipt copy
• Prepare and give employee city ledger summary to the Paymaster on the 25th of each month.
Environment, Health & Safety Responsibilities:
To comply with all policies and procedures of EHSMS.
Ensure relevant EHS information is provided to all colleagues in an appropriate manner.
Ensure colleagues within the section are following EHS policies and procedures.
Monitor the colleagues are handling / using all provided resources, facility and tools in a safe manner.
Assist in identification of risks/aspects, implement corrective action and arrange monitoring where required.
Provide sufficient supervision through technical guidance and support.
Ensure facilities are appropriately provided for safe storage, handling and transport of hazardous substance.
Make sure to report all incidents and injuries to the Department Heads / Section Head.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should have a degree in hotel management or accounting and at least one year previous experience within a hotel environment. Excellent verbal and written English communication skills and computer literacy is a must, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System is an asset.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be results oriented and a self motivator along with a positive attitude. You have the ability to think laterally and analytical, display a high level of integrity and have the ability to identify, impact and influence others. You are a strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding Hotel Operations
Planning for Business
Drive for Results