Execute the financial strategic plans of the business unit through managing the financial planning and providing guidance on financial processes such as; budgeting, variance analysis, and accounting to ensure that the business unit s functions implement the required financial control as per the related standards and provide accurate and timely financial information to support the decision-making.
• Business partners are finance executives working alongside different business departments, providing financial information, tools, analysis, and insight to executives, challenging their thinking, helping them make more informed decisions, and driving business strategy. In effect, the partnership breaks down the barrier between accountancy and management to support business objectives.
• Develop the business unit strategy and translating it into action plans to ensure maximum financial control of the business unit s accounting processes.
• Execute the business unit's financial plan and cascade financial objectives to ensure the overall adherence and compliance with group financial strategies.
• Manage the business unit's financial management team by setting functional plans, organizing work activities, providing guidance, to ensure that work activities are carried out efficiently.
• Ensure that business unit financial management teams receive adequate training and development activities, in coordination with HR teams, using effective methods to meet employees training needs, minimize mistakes, and achieve performance targets.
• Lead the forecasting and estimation of resource requirements for financial and accounting activities in the business unit to ensure enforcing accurate accounting control.
• Lead the development of the business unit financial management policies, systems, processes, and procedures to ensure the consistent application and ensure the alignment to international accounting practices such as the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) .
• Review reports submitted by business unit financial management employees, highlighting major accomplishments, to ensure that the conclusions are accurately noted.
• Lead the preparation of the business unit budget, to assess the business unit's financial performance to ensure controlling the business unit costs.
• Manage the revenue forecasting for the business unit from current and potential revenue channels to identify sustainable growth drivers and provide recommendations on the business unit s financial model.
• Lead the preparation of financial planning and monitoring plans, schedules, budgets, and subsequent cost estimates and controls to ensure the optimal utilization of resources.
• Ensure the enforcement of financial policies and procedures for all transactions and accounting processes in the business unit to avoid any regulatory violations.
• Lead the preparation of financial statements and reports of the business unit to monitor the business unit s performance against financial goals including revenue, costs, and cash flow, and highlight alarming numbers.
• Prepare critical financial reports and ad-hoc analysis for relevant stakeholders such as the Finance and IT Director to ensure reporting accurate and timely information about the business unit s financial position and support the decision-making process.
• Manage the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure, functional budgets, account maintenance, and data entry to ensure identifying and highlighting potential weak areas.
• Review critical journal entries and final general ledger balances of the business unit, including conducting a periodic review of balance sheet reconciliations and accounts to ensure that any observed discrepancy is investigated and resolved.
• Ensure the adequate monitoring of accounts records, books, and accounting activities documentation to ensure the accuracy and completeness of working papers to support financial reports and prepare the business unit for financial and tax auditing processes.
• Lead the coordination with external auditors, financial controllers, and external service providers to ensure outsourcing the needed services and protecting the co.'s best interest.
• Act as the central point of contact between corporate finance and the business unit to ensure that all required information and reports regarding the central accounts activities are timely and accurately communicated to all relevant parties and stakeholders.
• Review the financial terms on the business unit s contracts and agreements with suppliers, vendors, external service providers, and other third parties to ensure protecting the business unit s best interests.
• Support the business unit s tax calculations, documentation, and payments to ensure that they are carried out accurately.
• Support cash management operations in the business unit, to ensure proper funding management and meeting the business unit s liquidity demands.
• Ensure effective working relationships with banks and financial institutions.
10 to 15 years