Over the years we have grown organically. Considering our further ambitions to be the best in all markets we enter, we would like to welcome a Finance Manager into our team. They will already be on a successful career path and looking to take the next step with increased responsibility and be a part of our growth story.
• Lifelong learning with continuous reflection
• Independent thinking through a meritocracy of ideas
• The team is more important than the individual
• Being the best in any market we enter
• Hiring and keeping only the most effective people
We are looking for an ambitious Finance Professional to join our rapidly expanding business. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to help scale up the business as well as head up the Finance Department.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, detail-oriented and have a demonstrated ability to effectively influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, financial analysis, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives.
We are looking to build a department with sophisticated financial systems that can scale as we continue to grow.
What we offer in this role
• A full-time position in our finance team
• Committed and remarkably talented colleagues
• Great compensation and rewards
• An exciting, challenging and fulfilling career
• An opportunity to work on new things from scratch and make independent decisions
• Ability to work remotely
• Opportunity to be part of the finance leadership team
• Understand Cobblestone s business and leverage data to build insights about our markets, and competitors
• Participate in the ongoing strategic planning & decision-making process for the company by providing sufficient and reliable financial information & analysis as necessary, to enable Management to make sound decisions related to existing operations as well as new investments to achieve ROI.
• Coordinate and oversee the short term/ long-term budgetary planning & cost management process, providing expert advice to Management to ensure that budgets are on target & reflect the strategic direction of the company.
• Assess organizational performance and present financial information to ensure all stakeholders of the business understand current & projected performance to make effective decisions regarding operational activities & future investments.
• Develop tools, systems & controls that will enhance financial reporting to provide a controlled environment within the company.
Financial & Operational Management
• Coordinate preparation of month-end, quarter-end & year-end financial statements to ensure effective reporting.
• Identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures, and analyze business opportunities/ investments.
• Leading ad hoc financial analyses and root cause investigations
• Develop & manage a reliable cash flow forecast/ projection process & related reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
• Coordinate all internal & external audit activities to ensure adequate internal financial controls are being implemented through effective financial policies & procedures.
• Drive the automation process within the Finance Department, to ensure quick access to reliable and meaningful reports and data.
• Payroll management
• Monitoring liquidity, credit and currency risk
• Able to take on a treasury role that can help grow the business.
• Reconciling internally reported daily PnL with realised PnL
• 5+ years of experience in Finance (total)
• Experience with Group accounting and cross border transactions
• Proven knowledge and experience in managing Finance function strategically and operational / hands-on
• Advanced analytical skills
• Advanced Excel Skills
• Extensive experience performing financial and ad hoc analysis using data reporting tools
• In-depth knowledge of the applicable laws, rules and regulations and standards (IFAS, IFRS etc.)
• Knowledge of setting up different types of companies
• Resilience and a determination to succeed.
• Independent thinkers with growth mindset.
• Must be passionate, self-motivated, and able to learn quickly.
• Strong sense of integrity.
• Personal values that match our company values.
• 2+ years in a managerial role
• 2+ years in similar business activities (e.g., Trading / Electricity Trading)
• Finance qualifications; ACA, ACCA, ACMA & CIMA