The Finance Manager will be technically strong, having responsibility for bringing technical excellence, rigour, clarity and certainty to accounting, balance sheets and all management information across the ME finance team.
They will be a strong team player with experience of managing and developing staff, ensuring conflicting pressures and heavy workloads are managed appropriately.
The role will report into the ME Finance Controller.
A minimum of 3 years Middle East consultancy/construction industry experience is essential, the candidate also needs to be fully qualified.
Key Selected Accountabilities
• Ensure accounting records are maintained up to date, accurately and reflecting the true (statutory) position, delivering balance sheet certainty. Including understanding and accounting for contractual terms
• Ensure accounting controls are in place, including control account and intercompany reconciliations with relevant action then being taken
• Focal point for annual audit. The candidate therefore needs to have experience in running audits from start to conclusion.
• Ensure compliance with accounting policies both external reporting standards and internal policies
• Sound knowledge of project accounting principles and experience in project finance.
• Deliver clear, accurate reporting to deadline
• Focus on cashflow and cash collections
• Critically appraise, debate and conclude quarterly WIP
• Sound knowledge and current experience of GCC tax laws and practices (Corporations Tax, Withholding Tax, VAT)
• Drive behaviours within the business timesheets, invoicing on time etc
• Identify and drive efficiency improvements within the ME finance team, reducing the lead time on key reporting
• Ensure the finance team has the appropriate skills, training and experience to deliver their roles
• Lead, coach and develop the finance team ensuring correct prioritisation and delegation of workload