Purpose of the Position
Assume strategic role in financial management of the company and be hands-on in planning, execution and control of accounting, finance, audit, budgeting, stakeholder management, risk management, legal and compliance processes.
• Develop and continuously evaluate short and long-term strategic financial objectives;
• Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial trends and forecasts with recommendations;
• Develop “Finance and Accounting Policies and Procedures Manual” and “Tendering and Procurement Manual” (TPM). Seek the BOD's approval for implementation of the same.
• Ensure policies and procedures as approved by the board is effectively communicated, understood, implemented and strictly complied in letter and spirit.
• Take lead in identifying, customizing and implementing latest IT systems, ERP for automation of policies, procedures, checks and reports.
• Take hands-on position of developing, implementing, and maintaining comprehensive systems and processes for strengthening financial reporting, risk management and audit;
• Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with applicable accounting procedures, regulatory laws and rules for financial reporting;
• Ensure compliance with statutory regulations with regard to applicable laws, Taxation in existence and as introduced in future;
• Provide recommendations to maximize return on invested funds, identifying investment opportunities; and maintain relationships with the financial institutions and investment community;
• Maintain all books of account, income & expenses of business within the scope.
• Act as the Contract Holder and managing the performance of contracts;
• Deliver on other responsibilities necessary for carrying out responsibilities effectively.