The Finance Controller is responsible for managing the monthly financial reporting and control cycle of different business units. You will perform tasks related to balance sheet and cash flow management and supports the Finance Manager through analysis on performance and control.
Financial Planning & Controlling
• Drive the budget and revision processes by coordinating with other departments on information requirements
• Refine management reporting to incorporate and evaluate required key performance indicators and follow business profitability
• Coordinate and direct the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual budgets, financial forecasts, core financial planning and analysis, proposal rates, profit plans and schedules
• Provide detailed monthly operating results and analysis of cost and analyse main variances
• Anticipate financial problems and recommend action plans for budget control.
• Assist the Finance Manager in ensuring operational areas are managed efficiently, expenses are on target with projections, companies are operating within budget and
• Group internal control procedures are implemented
• Work closely with the Financial Manager to ensure that expenses are on target with projection
• Develop and interpret statistical and accounting information in order to appraise operating results
• Assist in establishing major economic objectives and policies for the company and prepare reports that outline the company s financial position in the areas of income, expenses, and earnings based on past, present and future operations.
• Recommend benchmarks for measuring the financial and operating performance of divisions
• Oversee, Compile and analyze daily operations and financial information of the finance department.
• Prepare and review weekly financial forecasts and long-range financial plans.
• Direct the monthly, quarterly and year-end close activities to insure compliance with corporate time lines.
• Act as finance advisory and make recommendations to allow the business to make informed strategic, managerial and operational decisions.
• Ensure all finance records are kept accurate and in line with legislative requirements
• Prepare and submit monthly and quarterly reporting:
• EV (monthly simplified P&L and balance sheet)
• Magnitude (quarterly detailed P&L and balance sheet)
• Manage the preparation of the official annual report of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses.
• Study the strategic activity flows and create the appropriate reporting and monitoring systems
• Ensure reporting function flow is smooth and in compliance with the statutory requirements and regulations.
• Assist the Finance Manager in the definition, preparation and implementation of new Joint-Ventures, providing local support when needed
• Prepare financial viability analysis and project evaluation for contract negotiations and product investment decisions and develop applicable strategies.
• Manage, plan and direct annual audit and related matters and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
• Liaise with internal and external auditors ensuring audits are handled effectively.
• Ensure audits are in compliance with brand standards, gaming board regulations, internal controls, and internal policies and procedures.
• Bachelor or master s degree in Accounting or Finance from a reputable international university;
• Meticulous, detail-oriented and well-organized, capable to handle multiple priorities and multi-tasking while respecting deadlines.
• Previous work experience within retail or similar industry
• Minimum of 8 years experience
• A strategic vision, operations excellence and ability to engage
• Functionally sound knowledge of group accounting and finance activities, business partnering and quality decision making.
• We see success in the role as someone who is passionate in their endeavour to strive for excellence!