Job Summary and Purpose
Support the continuous improvement initiatives to drive efficiency in financial processes by providing accurate & timely financial reports and analyzing annual budget while ensuring compliance with rules and regulations.
1. Prepare quarterly, half-yearly and annual consolidated financial statements within required timeline
2. Ensure financial statements are prepared in compliance with IFRS & US GAAP
3. Present entity level performance on CFO’s quarterly review meeting
4. Ensure accurate and timely submission of required reports / information to various regulatory authorities (QFMA, QSE, Statistics Dept. etc.)
5. Coordinate with external auditors for annual statutory audit, half-yearly review and interim audit to ensure that all audit queries are adequately addressed and resolved in a timely manner
6. Provide monthly OPEX cost report for Fleet Dept. to comment on variances.
7. Lead annual budget activity and seek relevant information and explanations from budget owners
8. Prepare entity level annual budget with analysis & explanations
9. Prepare financial slides for JV Board meeting and present the annual budget to the JV Board
10. Co-ordinate with departments to ensure Risk Control Matrix for ICOFR is up to date
11. Work with departments or consultant to ensure annual testing of operating effectiveness of internal controls is performed
12. Co-ordinate with External Auditor to ensure alignment on RCM and ICOFR testing and remediation actions
Due Diligence & Investor Relations:
13. Prepare ad-hoc models and analysis to support operational and strategic business decisions.
14. Support Investor Relations team on Arabic related matters – (dealing with regulatory authorities & shareholders’ inquiries)
15. Support Investor Relations team on Nakilat’s Board meetings AGM / EGM and related communications with regulatory authorities
Accountabilities - 2
Safety, Health, Environment, & Quality (SHEQ):
16. Adhere to all relevant SHEQ policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
17. Implement approved policies, processes and procedures, and provide instructions to subordinates to ensure their proper implementation.
18. Support continuous improvement initiatives within the team to drive efficiency in financial planning & reporting processes
19. Coordinate with tax advisors for preparation and submission of annual & periodic tax returns (UK VAT, UK Corporate Tax, and Qatari taxation).
20. Coordinate and communicate with JV partners/vessel managers/charterers on regular basis.
21. Carry out any other duties as directed by the Financial Planning & Reporting Manager.