1. Monitors the firefighting systems by frequently checking the alarm panel.
2. Assist Firefighter in charge in all related functions and areas.
3. Responds to fire alarms, toxic gas detectors and other emergency calls accompanies fire vehicle to fire or accident location and operates as a member of firefighting crew. Secures and rescues any entrapped personnel in any type of accidents.
4. Inspects the plant’s perimeter regularly by performing routine rounds. Maintains fire extinguishers and hydrants.
5. Conducts periodical checks, fixed extinguishing systems (CO2, deluges, sprinklers, water, foam and dry powder), inspect, test firefighting pumps and compressors and maintain fire hoses, hydrants, monitors, isolation valves and couplings, and check water level at fire water tanks
6. Inspects the area for giving clearance before hot work permits are issued and checks gas content etc. before issuing confined space PTWs. Checks the area for gas leaks etc. if reported.
7. Looks after unloading of diesel oil.
8. Performs other similar duties as and when assigned by Fire fighter in charge, HSE Officer or the Head of HSE Unit.
9. Look after AMPC subcontractors.
2.10 Check firefighting trucks and all equipment in the trucks on daily basis and make sure that are ready for any call or emergencies
Physical Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment described is representative of those that must be met by a member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
A member must regularly be required to see, stand, walk, sit, talk, and hear, use hands to finger, handle or feel. Also regularly must be able to bend, stoop, twist, and reach with hands and arms. On occasions, a member must be able to climb or balance. Ability to wear protective equipment, while performing various strenuous firefighting, rescue, and other related tasks.
Members may be expected to perform duties outdoors in all types of weather on emergency scenes.
Work Relations & Contacts:
1. Has daily contacts with the Head of HSE Unit / HSE Officer / Firefighter in charge /Shift in charge Engineer for reporting and other related activities.
2. AMPC will arrange office ,water and electricity supply only for the firemen