About this role:
Does it excite you to work in an international environment? If yes, then ascend your firefighter career with this rewarding job role located in Kuwait. It is a contract-based position for two years (extendable by one year) with a desirable relocation package.
You will lead a crew of well-experienced firefighters and responsible for efficient execution of emergency response procedures or any hazardous rescue operations within the client's plant's jurisdiction. You will assign, supervise, evaluate controls of all firefighting crew / equipment during actual / standby, fire / emergency situations, taking charge from Fire Officer.
You can experience a safe onboarding process as we will handle the entire mobilization process for you to get you on the job.
• In this job role, you ought to plan, supervise, and guide operations of fire section personnel/maintenance of firefighting vehicles and fire protection equipment/ equipment during actual/ standby, fire/ emergencies / daily work in areas under refinery control under the support of Chief Fire Officer;
• Employ your leadership skills to direct and examine the fire crew after the technical assessment of a fire, even under conditions of extreme personal hazard (rescue activities inside confined spaces), and hazardous maintenance activities;
• You must respond immediately to salvage, rescue or hazardous materials emergency calls and decide on the initial firefighting tactics plus seek consultation with Incident Command on overall plant emergency procedures;
• You need to conduct fire prevention and protection inspection tours under a controlled environment, moreover, identify required resources, their assignments, and safety considerations for successful control of the incident;
• Liaise with Operations, Engineering and Maintenance departments to provide fire/emergency services, safety personnel on standby basis or for necessary action to repair fire installations. You are available on-call to handle fire/rescue/oil spills & other menaces with the facility;
• Familiarize yourself with emergency management inter agency's planning and coordination;
• Your role calls for evaluating the skills, monitoring the on-the-job performance of Fire Section personnel and auxiliaries, they remain fully conversant with the procedures of fire attack pertinent to the facility received via external coaching and drills. Likewise, identify training needs of subordinate staff to improve competencies;
• It is primary and essential for you to orally communicate, fluently read, write, and understand English to prepare inspection/audit reports, letters, memos in word/spreadsheets, plans, safety hazard records in client's information and incident management systems;
• This position sets you to carry out regular physical exercises to maintain a high fitness level to withstand in an extreme environment.