Job Title: Fleet Administration Officer (AMOS)
Job Summary and Purpose
Provide technical support with regards to all activities related to AMOS administration, and monitor the system s planned maintenance while ensuring that the same is kept up-to-date and compliant to regulatory requirements.
As well as monitor the day to day vessels activities and functionalities related to PMS and other modules and handle all change requests related to them.
1. Monitoring day to day vessels activities and functionalities related to PMS and Other Fleet Modules.
2. Collaborate with asset management and participate in identifying, developing and tracking improvements in AMOS functionality and associated business processes and workflows.
3. Manage the preparation of data upload templates and uploading the data into AMOS Database, including Asset Data, PM Plans.
4. Handle changes to baseline requirements through effective application of change control processes, tools, and appropriate escalation.
5. Produce high quality, timely documentation of business requests, traceability matrix and other governance required documents.
6. Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
7. Perform on-site visits where required (implementation, training, troubleshooting).
8. Provide training and guidance to Sea staff in the effective use of systems, products and services available to them, demonstrate ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations.
9. Provide regular refresher trainings to Office staff and develop training Material for Ship Staff.
10. In close coordination with Technical Manager, configure and provide Workflow access as per ranks and roles, based on their position and requirements.
11. Configure additional Tab / dropdown options as required for all Modules, new DB alerts as deemed necessary, and any missing Port/ Agents in AMOS DB.
12. Administer continuous support to vessels without any downtime period.
13. Manage the AMOS related task on day to day basis and verify PMS DB for Lead vessel.
14. Identify missing gaps/opportunity for improvement and betterment, and troubleshoot of AMOS DB, for any glitches reported.
15. Manage and create Work Instruction to an existing asset and distribute to the respective class of Ships , only upon Managements approvals.
16. Administer and assign new MWO/PM s into AMOS DB.
17. Control Stock Type from HO, Creating Stock type and (e.g. new medical items / new spares etc.) and distributing to vessels as required.
18. Create record for new employee in the database.
19. Assign Log-in credentials and set provide group access as applicable to Ship s and Office Staff.
20. Update missing Spares and creating new locations.
21. Manage, re-assign and re-schedule Maintenance Plan if required (only upon approvals).
22. Manage / Populate and monitor budget costs and codes.
23. Maintain tracking records of all changes carried out in the DB for audit purpose.
Quality, Health, Safety, & Environment (QHSE):
24. Adhere to all relevant QHSE policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides a safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
25. Follow all relevant policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
26. Carry out any other duties as directed by direct manager.
Key Result Areas
Act as a key stakeholder in expertise design, development, testing and implementation.
Identify, recommend, and implement improvements to the related processes/systems.
Monitor system of planned maintenance and ensure compliance to regulatory requirements.
Produce high quality, timely documentation of business requests, traceability matrix and other governance required documents.
Bachelor s Degree in Business Management or IT, with marine background.
Minimum 5 years of seagoing experience, plus 2 years office / working ashore experience.
Job Specific Skills:
PMS knowledge - AMOS expertise.
Good understanding of various analytical tools and methodologies
Strong understanding of shipboard applications and ship management systems
Strong understanding of the shipping industry and maritime operations to capture the relevant data and identify trends from captured data