To execute, internal and external audits, audit reviews, accident and incident investigations, and surveillance as directed by the Manager - Quality Assurance . Follows up on corrective measures in line with Air Arabia quality standards and GCAA/CAA and regulatory bodies requirements to ensure compliance with the same across all functions and areas of operation.
Key Result Responsibilities
• Maintains the QAS adopted for internal procedures, processes and products audits, surveillance and spot checks for Flight Operations in accordance with CAA/CARs/CAAPs and IOSA standards and requirements.
• Assists in formulating, enhancing and monitoring the adherence to QA policies, procedures, processes, and manuals to stay abreast with the changing needs and requirements of the Company s.
• Supports in developing QA awareness across the different functions through Bulletins, inter-service memos, PPT, presentations, workshops, etc...
• Partners with Stakeholders and Manager QA to gather necessary historical data, documentation, and feedback to ensure that all established operations and procedures adopted in the assigned department are satisfactory.
• Reviews regulatory requirements periodically and ensures comprehensive audit and conformance reports are produced and communicated to regulatory bodies in due time; highlights areas of concern where urgent attention and improvement are needed.
• Establishes and maintains effective liaison with regulatory authorities and other operationally relevant external entities.
• Participates in updating and communicating the regulations of CAA in the corresponding manuals in coordination with corresponding personnel in Flight Operations division.
• Ensures Safety regulations are enforced and followed.
Key Result Responsibilities - Continued
9.Develops, implements and maintains audit schedules, audit standards, and reporting processes in consistence with the quality policy ensuring compliance with relevant regulatory and company requirements.
10.Contributes to the preparation and executing of internal annual audit plan; this includes regular audit checks, new checks, as well as urgent audit reviews; carries out assigned audit plan in accordance with approved checklists.
11. Cooperates with the Flight Operations head/managers to communicate and execute the audit schedules timely; maintains effective and on-going communication on updates to ensure successful results.
11.Notifies the concerned parties being reviewed prior to agreed schedules to allow needed arrangements; conducts researches for relevant reference documents and airline specific regulations for compliance.
12.Conducts necessary quality audits and periodic reviews, defines and reports findings, achieves agreement on corrective actions to be taken, and completes the Q-Pulse updates as required.
13.Identifies root causes and assists in formulating and monitoring the adherence to comprehensive corrective actions for regulatory audits; records the findings and corrective actions in system for verification, follow up, and database purposes.
14. Follows-up on findings or CAPAs in Q-Pulse and with respective departments and parties to ensure closure of findings.
For more details please refer to original job description.
Qualifications (Academic, training, languages)
• Bachelor degree in Aircraft Engineering or a Pilot s License or equivalent; alternately a diploma or certificate in a related field combined with needed experience and exposure required to fulfil the position requirements.
• Certificates in Auditing/Quality Assurance/or Compliance such as IOSA or ISO Lead Assessor are desirable.
• Project Management certificate or alternately the proven corresponding working experience is nice to have.
• Professional membership of associations related to the Aviation/Airlines industry or is an advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Web Search, Q-Plus is preferred.
• Excellent command over written and verbal communication skills: reporting, presentations, etc.
• Good English Language, Arabic Language is a plus.
• 3-5 years of related working experience in the aviation/airlines industry in the Flight Operations department in Quality Assurance/Audit or related position.
• Exposure to the Civil Aviation Authorities and regulatory bodies legal requirements, preferably GCAA and/or CAR/JAR-Ops, EASA/FAA; familiar with regulations pertaining to Licensing, procedures, and manuals.
• Knowledgeable in ICAO Annexes and ISARPS, and relative exposure to Safety/Internal & External Audit practices.
• Ability to understand airline and Flight Operations standard regulations.
• Possesses knowledge in documentation control systems.
• Familiar with procedures and manuals, regulations and quality standards.
• A balanced personality with focus, analytical thinking, efficiency and commitment to successful results.
• Proven skills in analysing data, identifying irregularities and recommending corrective measures.
• Cost-oriented, possesses effective problem solving and negotiation skills.
• High accuracy and attention to details.
• Effective team player capable of supporting teams of different functions.