Contract: Match-Days Only, freelance
Salary: Competitive day rate
Start Date: August/September 2020
Hawk-Eye Innovations develops, markets, and delivers the most sophisticated officiating tools in sport. We are a Sony company and are a fundamental part of officiating and broadcasting in over 25 international sports across our Ball and Player Tracking, SMART (Synchronised Multi-Angle Replay Technology) and SMART Production products. Every year we cover over 30,000 events and games across 500 stadiums in over 90 countries.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are recruiting to fill Operator roles that play a key part in the delivery of VAR within our expanding Football department in Saudi Arabia. This is a match-day role and you will be working at football stadiums in your local region and possibly further afield. We will equip you with the technical training, support and full exposure to our systems to perform your day to day tasks but also encourage development and progression to help make an impact on what we do. This role includes frequent weekend work, as well as normal mid-week working.
• Conduct pre-match checks to ensure the system is set up correctly
• Monitor and operate the system during the match
• Work with match officials, responding to their requests for replays and quickly delivering them the best possible angles to make crucial decisions
• Software performance analysis
• Outside of match days, the role will encompass maintenance of kit and equipment needed to run the system where needed
• Understand and be able to implement disaster recovery plans
• Operators are required to be on-site no later than 8 hours before Kick-Off and will remain on-site until all the below responsibilities have been carried out to a high level;
• This is to ensure the system is performing at its optimum level and we are ready for all services to be delivered to the client;
• As the Replay Operator on-site, you are solely responsible for:
• The successful delivery of VAR for the Saudi Arabian Football Federation;
• Leading the on-site team and ensuring all team members are performing to the highest level;
• Completing all checklist items as required;
• Keeping remote support up to date and informing of any issues you encounter;
• Reporting and investigating any issues you encountered during your time-on-site;
• Troubleshooting any issues with the system and configuration mid-match should there be a technical issue;
• Actively supporting the development and progression of the VAR system.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
• A strong technical background, ideally in Broadcast or IT
• Ideally with a university degree in science, technology, engineering or relevant equivalent experience
• Bright and enterprising with excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Proactive, responsible attitude and ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision
• Time management skills and ability to work in a high pressure, procedural, live broadcast environment
• Ability to liaise with clients and customers in a professional and approachable manner with attention to good communication.
• An interest in sport and/or sports analysis, ideally with a good knowledge of football and rules of the game
• Full valid driving licence with more than 2 years driving experience required. (Preferable experience driving Goods Vehicles over 3000 kg up to 3500 kg DGW)
• Experience working with VT/replay technology desirable, or live event / technical production
• Proficiency in English and Arabic required.
• Able to adapt to flexible working conditions with irregular working days including weekends and longer days
WHAT YOU LL GET FROM US
• A high-autonomy role with real exposure to the forefront of the sports officiating and broadcasting world
• Boost your career with a high responsibility role in a world-class environment
• Access to some of the most intelligent, innovative and driven people in our industry
• A fun, exciting and creative environment