Our Client is one of the top-notch busiest private hospitals in Dubai, UAE seeking a General Surgery Consultant to join their Team and provide their patient with the best consultant.
Duties and responsibilities listed below.
• You will be responsible for managing the assigned clinics as per the approved Rota by the CMO
• Will be responsible for initial assessment, requesting investigation, analyzing the results, diagnosis, treatment, and re-assessment on follow-up
• Will admit the patients under your care whenever indicated within the limits of approved and assigned privileges
• Will prescribe or administer therapy, medication, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness or disease.
• Will explain procedures and discuss diagnostic results or prescribed treatments with the patients and your attendants
• Will be responsible for monitoring the patient s condition and progress and re-evaluate / reassessment and treat the patient accordingly
• Will refer patient to other specialists when necessary, also consultant with, or provide consulting services to, other physicians whenever requested.
• You must take daily rounds for your inpatients and referred patients.
• You must write the patients complete medical record on time and also update the progress notes on same time.
• You should authenticate and sing the medical record/progress notes with date, time and employee ID number, stamp every time. You must also review and countersign all junior medical staff notes related to their patients.
• Will be responsible for approving the discharge summary, follow-ups, medical report of your patients.
• Will ensure the implementation of all the approved policies and procedures, rules, regulations, protocols and guidelines, clinical pathways that guide and support the provision of clinical services.
• Will direct and coordinate activities of nurses, assistants, specialists, therapists, and other medical staff in patient care.
• Will contribute to the development of policies and procedures as part of the continuous quality improvement of your department.
• Will serve on department / hospital comities as requested.
• Will ensure that Islamic Values and medical ethics are respected and strictly observed
• Will be on-call as per hospital policy, as needed and will assume the duties of coordinator of department.
• Working Hours: 48 Hours / Week
• Working Days: 6 Days / Week
• Shifts: Straight Shifts, Morning and/or Afternoon Shifts
• Contract Period 3 Years Renewable
• Probation Period 3 Months
• Family Contract: Candidate, Wife or Spouse and 2 Kids
• On Call Duties: Divided per the number of Consultants
Minimum Qualifications Requirements listed below.
• Medical School: MD, MBBS, MBChB or equivalent qualification from an accredited institution
• Postgraduate Training: Completion of specialty qualification / training in General Surgery
• Work Experience: Not Less than 3 years of recent work experience inside Dubai, UAE
• License: DHA or DHCC License is required
• English Proficiency Test: Required if the graduate s education was not taught in English. TOEFL a minimum score of 500; or IELTS a minimum band of 5.0; Occupational English Test (OET) - minimum of grade C or equivalent.