Job Description/Role Profile
Job Title : GEOTECHNICAL ENGINEER
Reports to : Engineering Manager
Direct reports : Not applicable
Authority Level : Not applicable
The Geotechnical Engineer performs independently all standard engineering assignments, prepares and implements engineering reporting procedure and plan on small to medium projects. Supervises moderate to complex field investigations, and assists lower level professionals in the completion of assignments. The position commands a responsibility and necessity to set example.
1. Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Full responsibility that assigned projects are executed in accordance with Fugro procedures.
• Communicates directly with Client and ensures that reporting deliverable meet Client requirements.
• Plans and conducts engineering assignments requiring independent judgement in the selection of techniques, procedures and criteria.
• Independently performs most assignments with only instruction regarding general expected results.
• Consult with Engineering Manager for solving unusual or complex engineering problems. Elaborate way forward by identifying and implementing relevant design standard and design practices.
• Responsible for monitoring project budget, schedule, assist with draft invoice preparation.
• Assist with compilation of technical proposal, drafting invoice, marketing and Client maintenance.
Specific Additional Duties
• Actively participate in adherence to and improvement of the company Management System on Quality and HSE related issues.
• Actively participate to engineering process improvement, training and knowledge transfer to geotechnical engineer.
• Instruct engineer on engineering requirements prior to field work.
2. Principal Working Relationships
• Liaise with geotechnical engineer, laboratory manager about engineering preparation and execution of testing.
• Inform Engineering Manager on specific engineering requirements for project.
• Delegate general processing task to technical assistant to maximise own time on complex assignment.
a) M.Sc. level in civil engineering or equivalent in education and experience.
Skills / experience required to do the job:
a) More than 2 to 3 years experience in civil or geotechnical engineering work.
c) Conversant with equipment / software in use.
d) English language.
Role specific Behavioural competencies required:
Problem-solving/judgment: ability to observe, think critically and to solve problems using data, analysis, interpretation, and reasoning skills.
Teamwork: dedication and ability to work successfully with others in a team.
Information & Communication: The ability to receive information from and convey information to others timely and successfully, using appropriate language, and communication tools (spoken, written etc.).
Client focus: The ability to generate client satisfaction (internally or externally), potentially resulting in long term client relationships and additional work.
Planning & organizing: The ability to set priorities and determine actions, time and resources (tools, software, people, and budget as appropriate.) to achieve pre-defined goals. Monitor and manage timely delivery, leading to reliability and client satisfaction. Resources (documents, tools, diary etc.) are well-organized and up to date.
Agility: the proven capability to be flexible, responsive, adaptive, and show initiative in times of change (e.g. priorities, work planning/location, skills/technologies, work processes, relationships), uncertainty and opportunities.
As the world s largest integrator of geotechnical, survey, subsea and geosciences services, we offer talented individuals almost unlimited growth potential.
As a Fugro employee, you will get to work with talented people on a global scale who contribute as a team to our corporate strategy. Additionally, you will have access to ongoing training and development which will sharpen your skills and broaden your knowledge and abilities.
This combination of experience, ongoing training and development, and working with great people will allow you to grow your career and explore new opportunities with Fugro around the globe.
How to apply?
If you are interested in this role we look forward to discussing this opportunity with you. Please click on our apply button and upload your resume and cover letter.
Disclaimer for recruitment agencies:
Fugro does not accept any unsolicited applications from recruitment agencies. Acquisition to Fugro Recruitment or any Fugro employee is not appreciated .