Our ME office is looking to fill a GIS Technician position in our growing UAE business.
Working as a GIS Technician, you will participate in Urban Planning and Design, Engineering and Environmental projects across our UAE business on activities pertaining to Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Data Management.
The Successful Candidates Will Perform The Following Tasks
• Preparation and delivery of GIS figures for urban planning, environment and other reporting.
• Gather, compile, migrate and convert data sets for project needs from a variety of internal and external sources.
• Research, update, and maintain numerous GIS datasets and templates.
• Evaluate data from multiple sources to determine the quality and ensure data is clean and accurate.
• Scripting workflow efficiencies and new deliverables.
Recommended Skills, Competencies And Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in GIS, Geography, Urban Planning, or equivalent, with 0-5 years relevant experience.
• Proficiency of ESRI GIS software ArcMap 10.x.
• Experience in data conversion, database management, and GIS digitization and analysis.
• Experience using python, VBA in ArcMap, and SQL.
• An understanding of the definition, projection, and application of different coordinate systems for both feature datasets and imagery in ArcGIS.
• Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and decision-making abilities.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
• Self-motivated while working independently.
• Ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, communication, analytical and time management skills
The Following Experience Is Considered An Asset
• Previous consulting experience.
• Experience with UAE spatial data specifications for authority submissions.
• Experience with Online/Web mapping.
• LiDAR and UAV data processing.
• Workflow optimization and custom tool development.
• Proficiency in CAD.
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.