SCOPE OF WORK
To lead and manage the development, implementation, maintenance and governance of TAQA s Business Continuity strategy, policies and framework in order to ensure that effective arrangements are in place to respond to any incident/disasters and maintain management approved levels of assurance of continuity for business operations, hence safeguarding the interests of the organization.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Lead the development of TAQA s Business Continuity Management (BCM) framework and internal controls in line with leading standards and practices to allow TAQA to recover critical functions, operations, systems and applications and reduce the impacts associated with a significant incident or event.
• Provide strategic guidance to business units and functions in establishing business continuity plans commensurate with the nature, size and complexity of their operations, taking into consideration different types of likely or plausible risks/scenarios and outcomes to which TAQA may be vulnerable in order to enhance organizational resilience.
• Review and approve BCM Framework, BCM Governance and procedure documents in line with leading standards and practices.
• Lead and direct the periodic review of the BCM framework and internal controls for continuous improvement.
• Oversee Business Impact Analysis (BIA) activities to identify potential impacts on TAQA and lead the identification and prioritization of critical functions, processes, systems, and applications across the organization.
• Provide strategic direction, facilitate, and lead as appropriate the identification, analysis, and evaluation of Business Continuity risks in coordination with concerned stakeholders to facilitate operational execution.
• Provide strategic direction, facilitate, and lead the review and development of regional and sector/business line level Business Continuity coordination plans, business resilience plans, crisis management plans, crisis communication plans and disaster recovery plans.
• Establish a maintenance program to keep plans current and relevant, along with assurance processes which will verify conformance with Business Continuity standards.
• Lead the Business Continuity and Business Resilience Committee or equivalent serving as the person of contact to provide the center with subject matter expertise and information on risks and/or incidents.
• Lead the activities and in-depth investigation of incidents in coordination with the Business Continuity team and relevant stakeholders across the organization.
• Escalate incidents as needed, ensure appropriate actions are implemented on different levels to solve the on-going incident / crisis and support the continuity of TAQA s operations.
AWARENESS AND TRAINING
• Lead and direct the monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness progress to ensure all personnel with specific BCM responsibilities are adequately trained to fulfil their assigned responsibilities.
• Provide strategic guidance and support the business continuity capability development and execution of BCM awareness and training to build BCM awareness and competencies across the organization in coordination with the business units and functions.
• Lead and approve the development and delivery of BCM awareness and trainings based on the target audience in coordination with the relevant departments.
• Lead the development and delivery of a BCM training plan to ensure roles and responsibilities are clarified to concerned stakeholders and all training gaps are fulfilled.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or any other related field.
• 15+ years of relevant experience in Business Continuity Management.