SCOPE OF WORK
To lead the execution of the investment strategies including portfolio growth and rationalization strategy in line with TAQA's strategic direction by identifying, evaluating, and approving relevant business development opportunities and leading the process of mergers, acquisitions, and divestment of the existing portfolio.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
• Sanction, in collaboration with Group Strategy, inorganic investment strategies from an entire portfolio perspective to maximize the group value creation and return on investment.
• Own the origination and identification of inorganic growth opportunities by conducting market monitoring and building market intelligence across the organization.
• Endorse and filter inorganic investments proposals submitted by the Business Lines (BLs) ensuring alignment to the overall vision of TAQA
• Oversee the evaluation of the offers received by third parties and advisors and provide recommendations accordingly.
• Lead the effective collaboration and discussion on identified M&A opportunities and present the opportunities to the Strategy and Investment Committee and the Board for endorsement.
• Oversee and review the investment memorandum for the pursuable M&A opportunities and coordinate with third party service providers in due diligence, deal valuation and financial structuring etc.
• Appoint and direct effective collaboration with the third-party M&A advisors for the identification of buyers or targets and initiate the communication with the identified buyers and seller accordingly.
• Lead and guide the development and review of binding or non-binding offers received to identify potential pursuable opportunities.
• Direct the due diligence and acquisition / divestment process of targeted companies for opportunities identified by Group Strategy to ensure the successful implementation of the M&A strategies.
• Oversee the effective coordination of the transaction process and various workstreams (due diligence, negotiations and closing activities) for every phase of the acquisition/divesture/strategic investment/joint venture process.
• Oversee the modelling, valuation work and financial analysis related to transactions to provide reliable advice and a sound basis for decision making.
• Oversee the review work conducted by external advisors to ensure that achievement of set KPIs and objectives as per agreed Service Level Agreements.
• Provide input to the legal team for the transaction documentation to ensure compliance with legal requirements and regulations.
• Coordinate with the counterparty, banks / investors to ensure the sufficient financing is secured for the transaction.
• Report and provide regular updates to the Senior Management on the progress, risks and mitigants for various transactions.
• Endorse and filter greenfield investments proposals submitted by BLs to assure alignment with the overall corporate strategy.
• Lead the conducting and review of the high-level assessment of opportunities and present findings to the Executive team and recommend the course of action to be assessed along with other findings.
• Oversee the preparation and review the investment memorandum and other documentations related to greenfield projects.
• Oversee the bid evaluation process with the help of third-party advisors through conducting due diligence (technical, financial, and legal) and present the deal rationale and evaluation summary to the SIC and the Board for endorsement.
• Manage and maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders such as partners, developers, and investors and address any related queries or issues that may arise.
• Direct the development and review of the financial models for the projects seeking finance to ensure that sufficient financing and budget are secured.
• Coordinate with financing parties, joint partners, developers, and negotiate deal structure and commercial terms to achieve results that are consistent with corporate objectives.
M&A INTEGRATION MANAGEMENT
• Own and direct the M&A integration program: plan, timeline, and execution, end to end for new and current acquisitions. Oversee integration process - plan and conduct regular meetings with key stakeholders to both keep them informed of overall integration schedule and related changes as well as process for managing changes that might impact integration plan
• Lead and direct the team through the transaction process to ensure proper training on corporate integration process; oversee creation and management of a holistic integration plan in partnership with the deal sponsor and functional leaders to achieve the deal s strategic imperatives.
KEY SKILLS REQUIRED
• Bachelor s degree in Finance, Business Administration, or any other related field.
• 15+ years of relevant experience in finance, mergers and acquisition, investment banking and/or private equity.