NYUAD is seeking an experienced person to provide grants management and administrative support to Principal Investigators across research & creative projects at NYUAD including Research Institute center grants, Faculty Research Program, REFs, and externally sponsored grants & contracts. The position is primarily responsible for central- and project-level financial administration of annual research awarded to faculty members and Research Institute center grants, ensuring expenditures of the grants are properly tracked, monitored and reported to PIs, NYUAD leadership, and the Funding Entity, and providing the point of contact for PIs, research staff, and department managers.
• Assist in new grant set up & related tasks to make funds accessible to faculty/PIs in a proactive manner
• Plan and participate in the annual Hyperion budgeting process for university wide research activities - Research Institute awards and Faculty Research funds
• Prepare budget presentation and reports for management and funding agency
• Participate in developing annual and multi-year grant budgets for new projects and center grants including funding renewals. Facilitate administrative and financial changes to research projects and center grants
• Monitor project expenditures for all research grants i.e. Faculty research, Research Institute, external & others as necessary
• Review project monthly expenditures in comparison to budgets and resolve budget errors.
• Meet routinely with PIs to discuss their awarded Research Funds (internal and external) and liaise closely with the relevant departments, divisions and business partners in FHRA, HR, Finance, Budget office, IT admin & Support, etc. for seamless budget management
• Use of financial and other necessary systems (FAME, Project Costing, UDW+, BIA, CF authorization, Cayuse, etc.) and updating accounts based on awards/contracts/renewals/budget modifications. Maintain databases that record information pertinent to research grants, and assist in training faculty members as necessary
• Participate in the implementation of an electronic research administration (eRA) solution for NYUAD including detailed system requirement, testing, and training; once the system is implemented, participate and organize training sessions for end users and PIs
• Assist in preparation of annual and final project financial reports. Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to project directors, senior management, and the Funding Entity
• Assist in processing AHRFs & WD positions in coordination with the Academic HR affairs team in a timely manner
• Serve as the team lead on research external engagements and educate the academic community regarding pertinent processes
• Perform regular expense reviews and compliance checks in line with NYUAD approved policies on a pro-active basis
• Assist in developing methods for timely and accurate expenditure projections
• Assist in providing monthly reports to project PIs and management as required
• Participate in the development of policies, processes and systems for supporting post-award research administration
• Assist in reviewing and processing expense reimbursements and other routine tasks
• Liaise closely with the NYU central OSP & Sponsored Programs Administration, NYUAD research administration office, NYUAD Budget office and other functional departments across both branch campuses
The position will work closely with the NYU research administration offices in both Abu Dhabi and New York.