Are you looking for a new exciting role in design which allows you to develop your skills across various disciplines? Are you creative, enthusiastic, self-motivated and have innovative ideas? Do you have
strong presentation skills and know print and digital presentation software? Are you eager to continuously improve the process and service delivery?
Then you are the right fit for us. We are searching for a designer who challenges the status quo, has an eye for beautiful design and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
You will be working closely with the consultants and the marketing manager to direct and produce creative presentations and marketing assets that achieve various campaign missions, align with Mercer brand guidelines and promote high-level design standards. You will lead the design and delivery process, in partnership with the team manager (incl. Art Director when needed), plan assignments and concepts; develop, illustrate, revise designs and manage workflow before implementing final design for themselves and junior team members.
• Direct and actively participate in quality presentation design development on assembled project teams
• Possibly act as primary liaison to internal and external stakeholders
• Work with Graphic Designers and Creative Producers to understand project scope and objectives
• Lead the creation of presentation storyboards
• Prepare conceptual layouts for the motion graphic projects.
• Schedule brainstorming sessions to share new design perspectives and ideas
• Provide accurate time estimates for each stage of the design process
• Lead the selection of the appropriate audio, graphic and animation styles for the project
People Mgmt/Staff Development
• When required supervise presentation teams and participate in active leadership of project development
• Keep project team active/on task and track performance against personnel and project goals
• Support manager to evaluate staff
• Mentor presentation team on all aspects of professionalism, management, design
• Work with team to maintain quality of client experience and brand exposure
• Support the development of others in the use of presentation and animation software
• Direct activities that enhance the client experience
• Actively support and lead the creative development of proposals and pitch presentations
• Identify opportunities to support the firm through innovative presentation development
• Keep abreast of advancements in relevant software, new technologies and techniques, and contemporary trends in presentation design to deliver cutting edge solutions
4-year design degree or equivalent professional experience
5 years of professional experience minimum
• Mastery of software used in creation of work, ability to mentor designers
• Demonstrated proficiency and exposure to various media
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal skills
• Experience in professional services sector desirable
• Experience in managing projects
• Some print and digital experience
• Proven interest and ability to articulate the value of design in a business environment
• Experience leading/managing teams desirable
Knowledge and skills:
• Advanced knowledge of the complete Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office, including Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
• Conversant in both PC and Apple Mac operating systems
• Wide exposure to diverse creative media and conceptual/working mastery of them
• Excellent Business Writing skills, and the ability to craft creative, compelling phrases to accompany key ideas desirable.
• Demonstrated ability to complete and/or direct presentation projects desirable
• Association memberships that enhance knowledge of media and business