Experience in developing websites and/or web applications.
Solid understanding of navigation and SEO.
Front-end and some back-end development experience. More important is the experience of seamless integration of front- to back-end functionality.
Desire and willingness to work in a collaborative, innovative, flexible and team-oriented environment.
1. Process skills: knowledge and experience to fulfill artwork in a multi-media platform. This includes determining papers, colors, printing processes, and camera ready output. One must also have knowledge of the different formats and requirements acceptable to any electronic and/or digital media outlet.
2. Design skills: knowledge of typography, spatial orientation, the handling and manipulation of images, freehand graphics, and basic design elements.
3. Computer skills: computer design software systems; primarily Mac (InDesign, Photo Shop, Illustrator, etc.)
4. Client/Vendor Relations: Although this position doesn’t always require client interaction, this person must have exceptional listening skills. This person must be willing to interact with the customer base and translate their ideas into effective design. This person must be willing to accept that the clients’ ideas are not always right, but must be given utmost consideration. This person may also be called upon to make presentations when needed.
5. Workload Organization Skills: This position requires someone who can prioritize, organize, and manage a substantial workload. This includes being able to complete jobs in a timely manner or on a specified deadline. This skill set also involves being able to finish jobs in less time than quoted in order to maximize profitability. One must also be able to complete in-house paperwork to ensure proper billing and documentation. This person should work in tandem with others in the design department, sharing responsibility of work load, quality control and the like.