One of our clients who are into sustainable agriculture focused on the production of premium quality fruits & vegetables are seeking for an Greenhouse Grower for their operations in UAE and KSA.
• Maintain a strong awareness of the daily operational activities and requirements of the farm;
• Plan all crop production activities based on input from the marketing team and the Head Grower;
• Practically execute the production plan and carefully anticipate bottle necks to ensure a smooth and efficient operation;
• Provide weekly update reports to the Head Grower regarding the crop performance and all relevant activities on the farm (production, maintenance, etc.).
• Manage all enabling resources for production, including (but not limited to) growing supplies, chemicals, fertilizers, and all other production & related needs;
• Ensure planting, fertilizing, crop protection and cultural practices of crop management are in place and properly maintained;
• Have a close and collaborative working relationship with the HR & Administration and Head Grower and help to cultivate a positive culture & work environment.
• Manage crop and technology trials and ensure proper data collection, reporting and compliance; and
• Be proactive and take-on necessary tasks that beneficial to production, operations, and the overall success of the Company.
• Managed the greenhouse climate based on input of the head grower and your own insights, to enable maximum production, quality, and taste against the lowest costs possible
• Manage water and fertilisation based on input of the head grower and your own insights to enable maximum production, quality, and taste against the lowest costs
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Proven management, planning, and administrative abilities.
• You understand plants and have an ability to read plants
• You have a strong technical understanding about crop farm management and economics.
• Strong attention to detail, high standards for quality, high ethnical adherence/integrity, safety first mentality, resourcefulness, and self-motivation;
• Strong ability to work under pressure and potentially long and irregular working hours. You meet deadlines and do what it takes when it counts;
• You provide efficient but thorough reports to management to ensure leadership is well-informed about the health of the operation
• Relevant, crop management work experience;
• Professional proficiency both reading & writing in English (+ Arabic preferred)
• Diploma / degree in agriculture, horticulture and/or land-related subjects or a combination of education and experience resulting in similar skills & qualifications.
• Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Word)
Interested candidates send in your CV s to email@example.com