Position Description: Group Operations Manager
The Group Operations Manager position is integral to the success of Leams Education mission & vision. This position's primary responsibility is ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership to achieve the desired targets. Operations Manager is entrusted with the responsibility to implement and manage standard operating procedures and to ensure that all group schools function smoothly on a day to day basis. He is expected to oversee and optimize the organization business development, administration, Health & Safety, purchasing, inventory, facilities management.
• Organization Leadership, Strategic Planning, Operational Analysis, Facilities management; Purchasing and Inventory Management, Health & Safety, Business development.
• Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of organizations mission, specifically support better management reporting, information flow and management, business process and organizational planning.
• Maintain a documented system of school governing policies and procedures.
• Oversee school operational requirements in compliance to Educational Bye law and MOE/KHDA/SPEA requirements.
• Manage school operations in an efficient, effective and customer service-oriented capacity.
• Manage and increase the effectiveness and efficiency of Support Services.
• To play a key role in budgeting, controlling costs ensures that various departments are working seamlessly towards your desired goals.
• Promote business developments by imparting promotional schemes to boost new student admissions.
• Work closely with School Principals/ Admin Managers & Registrars.
• Assist with support systems and vendor communications.
• Help execute efficient school transportation system in coordination with Transport Manager.
• Create and maintain outstanding Health & Safety regulations in operational rapport with facilities & support team.
• Assist in inventory management control.
• Maximize resources by negotiating and diligently researching pricing on school purchases in coordination with Purchase department.
• Engage in ongoing cost reduction analyses in all areas of the organization.
• Develop and maintain timely and accurate reports for Board of Director analysis .
• Respond to KHDA inspection reports and oversee required actions to address deficiencies.
• Functionl knowledge on MOE/KHDA & other government regulatory bodies.
• Additional support at the request of the Board of Directors.
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas:
Strong written and oral communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Ability to remain calm and solutions-oriented in high-stress situations.
Commitment to ensure successful organizational development
Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and comfortably with ambiguity
Strong organization skills and meticulous attention to detail
Business Development skills
Team building& problem-solving skills
The candidate should have a bachelor s degree in Business Management or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience out of which 3+ years for a major educational group or school. Should have outstanding software knowledge of computerized electronic spreadsheets.