- Installing and configuring computer networks and systems
- Install and support LANs, WANs, network segments, Internet, and intranet systems.
- Installing and integrating new server hardware and applications
- Identifying and solving any problems that arise with computer networks and systems
- Consulting with clients to specify system requirements and design solutions
- Assembling new systems/computers
- Make upgrades and repairs as needed.
- Collect and analyze data to optimize performance
- Troubleshoot problems with the system
- Performing disaster recovery operations when required
- Perform data backups
- Ensure network security and connectivity
- Evaluate and recommend security improvements and system upgrades.
- Maintaining, configuring, and monitoring virus protection software and email applications
- Administer servers, desktop computers, printers, routers, switches, firewalls, phones, personal digital assistants, smartphones, software deployment, security updates and patches.
- Handle server room
- Set up user accounts, permissions and passwords
- Prepare proposals for clients
- Work closely with other members of the creative team
- Meet with clients to understand their needs and determine scope of project
- Keep an inventory of equipment, software, and licenses
o Network security
o Experience with firewalls, Internet VPN’s remote implementation, troubleshooting, and problem resolution is desired
o Familiarity with server management and monitoring tools
o IT and technical skills
o Good analytical and problem-solving skills
o Be able to work under pressure
o Able to give and receive constructive criticism
o Attention to detail
o Time management skills