• Setting long-term strategy.
• Setting and managing departmental priorities.
• Provide operational leadership
• Preparation of the BEP “BIM Execution Plan” for each project
• Create initial project setup for drafting with workflow documents
• Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation.
• Plan, organize and manage work plans in BIM for the project team Create shop drawing and as-built plans.
• Produce Disciplines overlays with clashes identified
• Work with the project management team, the on-site teams, and closeout team for directives on creating or updating plans
• Work with the project management team to define and communicate project goals and milestones.
• Work as part of a project team to achieve consistent results.
• Define and monitor quality control programs.
• Provide over-the-shoulder training, developing, and shadowing staff when necessary
Set project schedules and manage multiple projects concurrently.
• Monitor project deliverables and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
Develop, implement, and monitor BIM design standards and procedures to meet clients’ needs.
• Initiate and maintain contact with clients for clarification, coordination, and negotiation of critical issues.
• Defining a data driven decision making process for the department, such that it is aligned with the company’s mission and be responsive to changing business needs.
• Participate in ongoing executive, financial, and ops meetings to participate in company policy & decision-making.
• Responsible for overall morale of the BIM department, including new hiring, employee development initiatives, and terminations.
• Ensure Dewan procedures, standards and workflows are applied and communicated to the project teams
Required Qualities and Skills:
• Architectural or Engineering degree is preferred
• A minimum of 15 years of professional experience using and supporting Autodesk products, including Revit, AutoCAD, Dynamo, Navisworks
• Ability to manage, motivate and lead teams, train and mentor staff.
• Experience with Architecture, Structure & MEP systems
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Eager to support staff with a positive attitude, passion and patience
• Ability to understand project scopes, budgets and communicate risk
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Hands on on-site experience with BIM a plus.
• Working knowledge of construction/design industry workflows
• Experience with multiple BIM/CAD project management tasks/roles, including training and support mentor, project team member and strategic leader
• Ability to maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the organization
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills; attention to detail
• Ability to act decisively under strong pressure, along with the ability to effectively manage during stressful or crisis situations
• Ability to plan and manage at both the strategic and operational levels
• Knowledge of training methodologies and the ability to develop and deliver technical/operational training to various levels of employees
• Able to produce Visual images from Navisworks / Enscape / Lumion
Desirable Qualities and Skills:
• Knowledge of Naviswokrs, Dynamo
• The description reflects the core activities of the role but is not intended to be all-inclusive and other duties within the group/department may be required in addition to changes in the emphasis of duties as required from time to time.
• Job descriptions will be reviewed regularly and where necessary revised in accordance with organisation needs. Any major changes will be discussed with the post holder