Head of Data Science & Business Intelligence
DT One is looking for a creative and talented individual for the position of Head of Data Science & Business Intelligence based in Singapore or Dubai. The candidate should have experience in supporting a global company by leading and developing its Data Science & BI department.
The Data Science department in DT One is tasked with leveraging the company s data to improve business performance and enable informed decision making.
As Head of Data Science you will proactively work with business executives and various departmental heads across the business in order to provide advanced analytic data modelling systems. You will lead, from design to production, innovative and complex analytic models, utilizing a blend of contemporary and traditional data mining techniques on both structured and unstructured data. You will lead the development of big data capabilities as well as the coordination of cross-functional analytics initiatives.
A career with DT One provides invaluable experience in an exciting and rapidly expanding market and an opportunity to be part of a truly global company with a workforce that includes over 50 different nationalities.
Key Role Responsibilities
• Lead the data science team and oversee its activities ensuring alignment with business-wide vision and strategy
• Shape DT One s data vision, enrich team capabilities, and contribute to the infrastructure design
• Lay down the team roadmap based on the future data needs of the business
• Educate and evangelize data science throughout the business
• Track performance & derive insight from from the accumulated data to create value for the business
• Create industry-leading performance by leveraging internal and external data-sources
• Scope, design, and implement machine-learning models to solve interesting user-cases and achieve measurable improvements
• Instate A/B testing as an integral part of the pipeline when evaluating changes in the offered products and services
• Proven track record of leading high-performing data teams that successfully implemented advanced quantitative analyses and statistical modelling with measurable impact on business performance
• 7 years of working experience in a data science position out of which 3 years of team leadership including people management and project management
• Master s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field
• Experience and expertise with probability and statistics, inclusive of machine learning, experimental design, and optimization
• Highly skilled in statistical and modelling packages, visualization and familiar with time-series analyses
• Highly proficient and experienced in Python and its data manipulation and machine learning libraries
• Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
• Experience with data processing using Spark
• Experience using cloud services such as Amazon and/or Azure is a major plus
• Creative and strategic thinker, innovative problem-solving skills, highly organized, with the ability to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize and meet tight deadlines
Does this sound like you? Apply!