We are hiring a Head of Government Affairs/Market Access/Healthcare Affairs/KAM for NWA region.
Directly reporting to the GM, dotted line reporting to Regional Head of the function META (Middle East, Turkey, Africa).
This is a strategic role and has a direct impact on top line (gross sales) and bottom line (profitability) at operating unit (OPU) level. The role has P&L budget and sales responsibility.
This individual will be the Leader of team of Government Affairs, Market Access, Health Care Affairs and KAM and responsible to;
-Lead the planning and execution of Government Affairs/Market Access/Health Care Affairs/KAM, strategies to help support the appropriate utilization of BI products in NWA region in align with local, regional (META) and global priorities.
- Through the effective management of a portfolio of products, develop a pro-active approach to economic and health outcomes data submission to authorities in order to substantiate product value, achieve rapid market access and support market penetration in line with the relevant pricing strategy and NWA and META goals.
- Lead and develop close relations with respective Governmental and Heath Care/ Key Account bodies, wholesalers, hospitals, care groups, politics and patients’ associations, decision makers in health care and insurers needed for building strategy and execution of GA-MA/HA & KAM activities
-Build and maintain internal relationships and relationships with relevant external partners in health care and representatives of government, wholesalers, hospitals, care groups, politics and patients’ associations, decision makers in health care and insurers
• Develop optimal Government Affairs/Market Access/Heath Care Affairs & KAM local strategies for identified pipeline products in align with REGIONAL center
• Give strategic internal advice about realization, maintaining and enlargement of optimal market access with respect to reimbursement status, price, distribution contracts, outcomes research, guidelines and scientific positioning.
• Plan and execute GA-MA/HA and KAM activities which are essential to define projects, plan actions within projects and guarantee efficient execution conform given guidelines and procedures.
• Establish the presence and reputation of NWA through thought leadership by developing a wide network and influencing key decision making bodies (government bodies, institutions, and academia) on fundamental issues affecting the industry.
• Management of Pricing and Reimbursement negotiations with governmental (MOH, reimbursement agency) and non-governmental organizations (private health insurance companies, private hospitals, etc.)
• Ensure the development of timely delivery of local Health Economic and budget impact models and other appropriate tools to support value communication with funders
• Develop and execute Government Affairs, Market Access, Health Care Affairs and KAM tactical plans in local settings in align with BI regional strategies
• Actively participate local Trade Association meetings and represent and defend BI priorities in decision making process
• At least 3-5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry among others in the health economics, marketing, pricing, reimbursement, government affairs, planning/development/maintenance of relationships
• Comprehensive understanding of theories and practices in own subject area plus a broad understanding of other areas including medical, marketing, finance, supply chain, regulatory, legal, compliance and commercial operations
• Deep understanding of factors external to the business including knowledge of the industry and commercial environment
• Diploma degree with major focus on Life Sciences, Business Administration, Economics or others. Master degree (e.g. MBA, MSc, Health Economics) is a plus
Competencies and Skills:
• Agility, Creativity, Innovation, Accountability, Passion for performance, Proven ability to influence cross functional teams, Analytical and problem solving skills, Interpersonal and communication skills with the all level of the organization, Drive for cross-functional success
• Ability to clearly understand the need of customers/payers/Governments and to work on win-win-win solutions (patients, payers, Governments, company)
• Requires excellent business acumen, makes evaluative judgments, based on an analysis of primary and secondary data to manage GA-MA/Health Care Affairs, KAM in NWA region
• French and English language skills