Let's build something great together!
We re transforming the way companies work - beginning with our own. We re looking for an entrepreneurial Head of Legal to help us on our mission to make effective customer communications more accessible to every business in Emerging Markets.
unifonic is a cloud communications platform that empowers businesses to engage with people through a portfolio of applications and a single API for SMS, voice, and messaging apps. Today, we help over 5,000 businesses around the world connect and engage with 100+ million customers, delivering more than 5 billion transactions in 2019. unifonic is one of the most exciting scaleups in the MENA region and received funding from investors like Endeavor Catalyst, STV, RTF, ELM, and Raed Ventures.
Head of Legal and Compliance
The Head of Legal and Compliance is building and managing the legal function. The Head of Legal and Compliance is responsible for all legal affairs of the company. This is a versatile and hands-on role that works in close collaboration with the leadership team to anticipate issues and to find proactive and practical solutions. The responsibilities of the Head of Legal and Compliance include but are not limited to:
• Provide management with effective legal advice on business issues and company strategies.
• Oversee the work of the outside counsel.
• Ensure the company operates in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, and helping prepare briefs, complaints, motions, and other court documents.
• Advise the human resources department on employment law and labor and benefits issues.
• Draft and negotiating complex contracts and agreements, such as joint venture agreements, government contracts, and sales contracts, and providing litigation support.
• Set internal governance policies and manage the impact of external factors.
• Anticipate issues and estimate risks strategically; identify proactive solutions that will eliminate or mitigate risks.
• Create associations of trust and respect with key internal and external stakeholders (external counsel, regulators, clients, etc).
• Attract, develop, direct, and motivate a top-notch legal team.
• Keep abreast of legislative changes; researching legislation where the company intends to expand its business.