Panerai Head of Marketing & Communication is responsible for defining, implementing and managing the marketing & communications strategy for the brand in the Middle East & Indian subcontinent, in line with the international corporate guidelines and within the defined budget with the aim of increasing brand visibility & awareness, capturing market share and maximizing sales potential.
Build and implement the regional strategic plan
• Define the annual budget and budget revisions for Marketing and Communications
• Set the marketing and communications strategy per country, in line with the HQ guidelines and the market specificities in alignment with the Brand Director.
• Establish and implement a complete and integrated / omni-channel marketing and communications plan for Panerai in the Middle East and India to ensure a seamless customer journey and experience.
• Work closely with the HQ to make sure the local strategy and adaptations conform to the WW brand strategy and HQ guidelines.
• Present the regional marketing strategy in the business plan presentation and quarterly updates to the Brand Board.
Define and implement the regional communication strategy
• Take ownership of development and implementation of the online and offline campaigns, in line with the retail, e-commerce, wholesale and the market requirements.
Build & ensure implementation of regional events strategy
• Develop customer-centric event concepts which deliver on brand positioning and the strategy
• Propose an events calendar including institutional events and Coop events (product launches, boutique openings, tactical events, annual exhibitions, etc.)
• Set specific KPIs for every event and analyse post-event performance, including ROI
Establish a regional PR strategy and PR calendar
• Establish a key Panerai tone of voice
• Manage media relations and PR plans in co-operation with the PR team, partners and PR agencies
• Set specific KPI for PR and analyse performance including ROI (PR value & qualitative analysis)
• Periodic reporting: PR monitoring, competition analysis, benchmarking and best practices
Establish yearly CRM strategy for the brand Region-wide
• Build a CRM strategy that incorporates online and offline channels and all the contacts in CDB
• Manage the quality and the consistency of the client database (capture of qualitative data, segmentation, organize training)
• Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of CRM campaigns
• Set CRM KPIs and monitor performance of the CRM activities
• Evaluate and optimize CRM tools in coordination with the Brand Director and the HQ
• Manage relationship and performance of local CRC
Trade Marketing and Network expansion
• Set up and implement boutique marketing plans in cooperation with the Brand Director and the HQ
• Optimize Panerai s visibility in all markets, at each door to deliver an on-strategy and consistent experience and brand image
• Oversee the design and building of internal & external boutiques, shop in shops, corners in coordination with the HQ, local suppliers and retailers.
• Oversee management of tools & resources (contactors, regional architect, display material, gifts etc.) within a defined budget
• Lead the team to ensure flawless implementation of regional marketing plans (budget, themes, timeliness)
• Recruit, motivate, develop, coach and evaluate the team members to achieve targets
• Define team structure, individual objectives and manage career expectations with the support of HR and the Brand Director
• Business planning period: prepare and present marketing section of the annual business plan and quarterly review presentations to the brand board
• Manage the budget in line with the marketing strategy and the HQ guidelines, adapting strategy when needed
• Report on marketing expenditures and work with the Financial Controller to prepare the periodical financial reports
• Manage and regularly control A&P, CAPEX and T&E budgets
• Ensure team adheres to the budget guidelines
• Bachelor s degree in Marketing or relevant field. Master s degree is preferred.
• Minimum 10 years overall experience, 5 years of which in a senior strategic marketing role.
• Experience in luxury retail business gained in global markets and the Middle East is a must. Knowledge of KSA market is highly preferred.
• Good understanding of retail KPIs, CRM and luxury client experience
• Excellent leadership and team management skills
• Strong analytical and negotiation skills with commercial awareness
• Can work easily with a diverse team in matrix setup, politically agile, skilled communicator, ability to manage interpersonal conflict well
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Solution driven, resourceful, resilient, determined
• Fluent in English & Arabic, French or Italian is a plus.