The incumbent will oversee all artistic and cultural events organized by the Office of the Arts and sponsored by KAUST, from proposal and planning to implementation or post-إنتاج. هو/She must demonstrate a passion for the arts and possess a broad skillset, including a background in marketing and previous work experience preferably with a performing arts organization.
The Head of the Office of the Arts is responsible for abiding by the Mission and Vision of Academic Affairs/مكتب Provost, ensuring that artistic programming under the auspices of the University is simultaneously entertaining and educational, encouraging appreciation of the arts across genres and world cultures through fostering understanding and participation.
The Head of the Office of the Arts will protect and enhance the legacy of the Office as a cultural beacon and an active partner in the life of the international KAUST community.
• مراقبي, assesses and reviews potentially relevant performances, مشروعات, and exhibits for inclusion in Office of the Arts programs, with the approval of the VPAA/Provost and promotes KAUST as a desirable performance venue.
• Develops an on-going strategic plan for the Office of the Arts sustainable growth, including implementing a year-round schedule of arts programming beyond the current academic-year schedule.
• Assists with the broader strategies of the Office of the Vice-President for Academic Affairs/Provost s Office.
• Interacts with the artists, الأداء, supporters, أصحاب المصلحة, and organizational staff.
• Acts as the principal face of KAUST's hospitality to visiting performers, interpreting KAUST's unique mission to students and other parties at KAUST.
• Oversees negotiations with and engagements of guest artists, maintaining relationships with the artists themselves and / or their agents.
• Implements a robust program of in-Kingdom collaborative opportunities for cultural events.
• Manages the annual budget of the program to ensure the fiscal health of the Office.
• Oversees the timely release of media announcements and supervises the content of the Office of the Arts website.
• تشرف, يدير, coaches and develops staff and directs workload of the Office of the Arts.
• Assures that the Office of the Arts team maintains a working collaboration with KAUST departments.
• Maintains the Office of the Arts Events Calendar.
• Drives efforts towards implementing green events and setting goals for sustainability practices.
• Works evenings and weekends as required to support events and can be contacted out-من-ساعات.
• يؤدي مهام أخرى علي النحو المطلوب/assigned by the Vice-President of Academic Affairs/عميد.
• معرفة عن, and a passion for, الفنون.
• قوي, مختصرا, and clear business writing skills and articulate professional speaking abilities.
• اتصالات ممتازة, العمل الجماعى, الشخصية, discretionary and organizational skills, and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community, from graduate students to senior management professionals.
• Ability to meet deadlines and manage a number of projects simultaneously with accuracy and attention to detail.
• القدرة على حل المشاكل, work proactively, and make results-oriented decisions.
• القدرة علي العمل بسرعة-الخطى, professional work environment with integrity, إدارة, والشفافية, and foster a co-operative environment.
• Competency in MS Office Suite (Word, اكسل, and PowerPoint) and Google docs and forms.
• Strong work ethic to create high-جودة خدمة العملاء.
• Ability to exercise judgment and discretion when navigating complex situations with confidential information.
• Willingness to comply with and help enforce all applicable University policies and procedures.
• Minimum of Bachelor s degree from a recognized institution of higher education.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in an arts management or events and entertainment management position.
• Ability to lead groups of colleagues as needed, and to supervise staff
• المستوى المهني للغة الإنجليزية تحدثا وكتابة.
• High level of proficiency in at least one artistic endeavor (music, الفنون البصرية, or theatre).