We are looking for Head of Pipelines - NFPS EPCL-Subsea Pipelines
• The NFPS EPCL Head of Pipelines is responsible for the delivery of all aspects of Pipelines (i.e. Intrafield and Export Routing (including Near-Shore and Onshore), Risers, Crossings, Subsea Cable Routing/Installation, etc.) design and equipment technical and execution definition, selection, and design, including planning for Detailed Design, Procurement, Installation, and Testing / Commissioning. Ensures that related technical requirements (e.g. project specifications, data sheets, etc.) developed during EPCL fully comply with project requirements. Effectively collaborates and interfaces with PMT and EPC contractor engineers and Operations personnel (as required) to ensure that the Pipelines scope of supply is fully integrated and optimized. Provides oversight of the Pipelines team as well as EPC contractor’s, and, as required, Vendor’s and/or Engineering Subcontractor’s production of associated deliverables within project budget and schedule.
Reporting and Relationships
• Reports to Engineering Manager
• 2 direct reports (direct hires and/or contract manpower)
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provides Pipelines engineering expertise while supervising Pipelines team.
2. Maintains close liaison with Engineering Manager and PMT counterparts and gains alignment on Pipelines engineering needs, objectives, and requirements.
3. Owns the preparation and stewardship of Pipelines scope of work in contract and drives design alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
4. Responsible for maintaining technical alignment with Company Operations.
5. Provides Pipelines engineering data (narrative, charts, graphs, etc.) for the monthly progress reporting and stewardship.
6. Ensures quality assurance and production timing of the Pipelines engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule.
7. Manages the timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description to all Pipelines-related purchase orders and owns the Pipelines-related technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
8. Manages Pipelines engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program.
9. Responsible for being knowledgeable of lessons learned from previous projects with the same contractor and capturing and communicating Pipelines engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
10. Assesses contractor capability and ensures Pipelines engineering or other technical support is available to address gaps
11. Owns the Pipelines engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc); develops and stewards recovery plans to address any schedule delays.
12. Stewards the EPC contractor's Pipelines-related activities with respect to Pipelines engineering execution including:
o Ensures all affected parties are familiar with Pipelines engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements.
o Ensures that the EPC contractor staffs the Pipelines team with adequate numbers of qualified personnel.
o Ensures that the EPC contractor employs the appropriate Pipelines design tools, including computer hardware and software.
o Ensures that the EPC contractor adheres to all appropriate Pipelines specifications and standards.
o Ensures that the EPC contractor provides all contract documents, including those referred to in the contract.
o Reinforcing the requirement for the EPC contractor to control the work, i.e. accurate and timely progress measurement and reporting.
o Ensures EPC contractor compliance with design verification processes.
13. Advise the EPC contractor’s Pipelines engineering and design organization with respect to:
o Compliance with Company policies for prevention of information brokering and compliance with business standards guidelines.
o Engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables.
o Staffing, including staffing plans, and personnel suitability and adequacy.
o Resolution of EPC contractor’s engineering claims, if any.
14. Cooperates with review teams and supports post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
Job Context & Major Challenge(s) :
• Technical evaluation of multiple EPC tenders for large, capital project, ensuring that Tenders are compliant, technically qualified, and consistent with project requirements.
• Effective stewardship of EPC contract, ensuring EPC contractor delivers Pipelines in accordance with project requirements, from contract award until delivery of Detailed Engineering Dossier and/or assignment of LLI to EPC contractor(s).
• Risk based evaluation of complex technical issues that may have significant commercial impacts to overall project execution.
• Supervision of Pipelines team ensuring delivery of technical input in accordance with project requirements while per plan.
• Maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Operations, SEQ) to ensure alignment on overall delivery of the Pipelines.
• Maintaining constructive and positive working relationship with EPC contractor to ensure delivery of Engineering per plan and inaccordance with project requirements.