Careem is the leading technology platform for the greater Middle East. A pioneer of theregion s ride-hailing economy, Careem is expanding services across its platform toinclude payments, delivery and mass transportation. Careem s mission is to simplifyand improve the lives of people and build a lasting institution that inspires. Established in July 2012, Careem operates in more than 120 cities across 15 countries and has created more than one million job opportunities in the region
ABOUT THE ROLE
Responsible for supporting the Head of Procurement in building a procurement centre of excellence across Careem, transforming a legacy adhoc strategy and delivering hard savings across multi-functional spend portfolio, while enabling the business to stay agile while we rapidly scale.
Reporting: This role reports into the Sr. Director of Finance and Procurement
• Develop sourcing and procurement activities that support key business objectives.
• Develop and execute a long-term strategy to facilitate improvements for Procurement Services.
• Ensure the execution of procurement strategies across the firm to ensure consistent and high quality value delivery.
• Implement best practices in procurement and supplier management to support commercial and operational objectives.
• Ensure the execution of standards, controls, policies, procedures and performance metrics to effectively and efficiently manage the acquisition and reporting of third-party spend across the company.
• Lead rigorous and objective contract negotiations with key internal stakeholders, legal department and support groups.
• Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
• Identify areas for improvement to continually drive performance and business results.
• Maintain strong working relationships with strategic suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
• Manage recruiting, training and supervising a team who are responsible for day-to-day category management activities.
• Oversee the development and execution of sourcing strategies across all categories within span of control including targets, timelines and resource plans.
• Build market intelligence capabilities within the category management team on key markets, suppliers and solutions to support strategy development purposes.
• Analyze market and delivery trends so as to develop procurement technologies and processes that support those trends.
• Update procurement strategies based on changing market conditions.
• Develop and communicate a procurement business plan; establish, communicate and implement long-term goals for the department in order to promote effectiveness and efficiency.
• Develop, communicate and administer procurement team performance and development plans and appraisals.
• Strategy, analysis and reporting: Develop and maintain an efficient procurement strategy including spend analysis, industry benchmarks, and transformation objectives to deliver optimized purchasing and hard cost savings across functions and locations. Clear, detailed reports against benchmark KPIs to articulate spend at granular levels.
• Transformation and systems: Evaluate and integrate best-of-breed procurement system to automate procurement, bidding, and reducing operating costs in procurement
• Cost saving and controls: Drive adoption of tools and processes to increase turnaround times, eliminate non-compliant purchasing and reduce costs significantly while managing rapid growth
• Bachelor s degree in Business, Logistics or related field
• 7-10 years of related experience, with at least 3 years of supervisory experience
• Results-oriented, metrics-driven leader with expertise in purchasing, supplier collaboration, development and compliance
• Experience with sourcing and procurement and building a vendor program
• Strong communication skills, Outstanding team building and leadership skills
• High emotional intelligence - able to build required vendor relationships into partnerships, even after a tough negotiation will be on friendly terms with suppliers/vendors and internal stakeholders