CarSwitch is digitizing the largest financial transaction most people make in their lifetime, buying or selling a car. With an incredible track record in the UAE, the 2nd largest used car dealer title, and double digit m-o-m growth
About the Role
Head software/product delivery & quality, software architecture, infrastructure and operations. The role will see you take ownership of a number of complex deliverables, working with a range of stakeholders (Software Engineers, Testers, Designers, Product Owners, CXOs) and co-coordinating delivery across the full SDLC. You will be expected to create, define and implement a successful delivery process with an overriding focus on Agile methodologies. Moreover, you will work closely with the c-level stakeholders, giving you unparalleled access to high-level strategy thus making you an integral part of their future roadmap.
What you ll be doing:
Lead the software product delivery & operation on Lahore- end to end. You will be responsible for implementing a software development process based on proven best practices. You will also ensure smooth running of DevOps, QA and infrastructure practices.
Build teams and culture You will have architects, developers, QA and infrastructure teams reporting directly to you. You will be responsible for identifying needs and recruiting resources to ensure delivery and continuity. You will also be responsible for creating a culture of engineering excellence in your team.
Cross team success you will work closely with the product and business strategy teams to help successfully translate and implement business & product strategy into a tech road map.
What you need to be able to demonstrate:
Software Development/Delivery Leadership-
In the true startup tradition we are looking for a leader, not a mere manager if being in the trenches with the troops and leading them by example is your thing? Please read on
Software Development Methodologies and Culture A hands-on understanding of Agile is essential, however a wider experience of the startup delivery culture and a broad understanding of traditional delivery methodologies (Waterfall etc ) may be useful.
Stakeholder Management You need to be able to demonstrate proven stakeholder management skills (internal and external) as you will be expected to act as a conduit between core technology and the wider business. Proven experience working up to c-level is therefore extremely useful.
Team Management & Leadership Finally, it is imperative that you bring proven leadership skills to the table as this role will see you take ownership for a portfolio of work. Ideally, you should have previous experience managing software teams and any experience working as a Development Manager would be a huge bonus. You will be responsible for identifying team resource requirements and coordinating with HR to hire and onboard new team members.
Bachelor Degree or above with a major in Computer Engineering / Science with 8+ years relevant experience.
• 8+ yrs software product delivery experience, with experience involving large scale projects (or programs) using standard industry project/program management methodologies.
• Demonstrated experience with designing, planning and delivering complex / high load mobile software solutions.
• Highly competent in project risks and issues identification, mitigation (risks only) and management; and reliable status reporting.
• Demonstrated experience with complex, senior level stakeholder management and management / leadership of large teams.
• Project / program management, methods & tools; relationship management; management of large teams; software development; vendor management; business change management and process improvement.
• Understanding of the full software development life cycle
• Familiarity with continuous integration and continuous delivery
• Strong business English communication skills, oral and written