The goal of the position is to ensure and establish a safe workplace according to legal standards and foster a positive health and safety culture in the organization.
To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety are adhered to.
To co-ordinate, support company on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
Minimum 3 years’ experience in Health & Safety Management / Food Safety / Quality / in food industry or related industry
Good knowledge of departmental health & safety system policies & procedures
• Good academics background from graduation & post-graduation
Choithrams – Controlled Copy 2
October 04th, 2016 Version 1.0
• Good knowledge of national, international Health & safety / food safety / quality regulations.
• Good analytical skills
• Excellent Team player
• Excellent communication skills
• Good computer knowledge including MS Office
• Valid UAE Driving license
To ensure a safe workplace environment for all employees, visitors, contractors at site.
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety including food safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Implement the developed health & safety policies, systems of work, procedures, audits and checks. Support the development of new policies and programs
• Advise and instruct on various safety-related topics (noise levels, use of machinery etc.)
• Conducts health and safety trainings for all employees.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations and enforce preventative measures
• Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, risk assessments and working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Implement the graded H & S audits using graded checklist for the organization. Prepare monthly summary summarizing the audit scores.
• Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
• To ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Manage and devise the agenda for & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings. Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
• Schedule audits, inspections for the organization and submit for endorsement from HOD.
• Provide regular reports to the HOD on relevant health and safety activities.
• Co-ordinates with all retail outlets, production facilities & logistics related to H & S.
• Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.