The duties and responsibilities include:
• Demonstrate traits that enable others to recognize the Principal as a divisional educational leader and mentor.
• Ensure that all teachers and support staff have a clear understanding of their performance expectations.
• Supervise and evaluate the HS professional staff with the assistance of the Assistant Principal.
• Oversee individual and divisional professional development and coordinate such efforts in conjunction with the Head of School and other Principals.
Instruction and Curriculum:
• Have deep understanding and extensive working knowledge of the International Baccalaureate program.
• Set divisional curricular programs and policies collaboratively with the administration and faculty.
• Continuously examine and assess the instructional program, in conjunction with the faculty, administrative team and the IB coordinator, to ensure the appropriateness of the curriculum, standards and benchmarks for the student body.
• Observe classes, ensuring that effective teaching methods consistent with evidence-based best practices are utilized by the professional staff.
• Develop the leadership capabilities of teachers.
• Communicate effectively with students, faculty, parents, colleagues, and the broader community.
• Exhibit effective listening skills.
• Seek faculty, student and parent input, when appropriate, in making decisions.
• Seek the involvement of faculty, students and parents in a wide variety of school activities.
• Assist with the recruitment and selection of High School faculty and staff.
• Provide input to the Head of School for the selection of overseas hire candidates.
• Oversee the High School curricular and co-curricular programs and guidelines.
• Be an active participant and supporter of the after-school student activity programs and parent events with high visibility.
• Create an efficient, productive, professional and caring atmosphere where all students and faculty have the opportunity to be recognized for their best efforts.
• Assume responsibility for sound financial management including accurate program budget planning and fiscal accountability.
• Demonstrate the willingness to seek constant professional learning and professional growth as a committed life-long learner.
• Establish annual goals and work plans that are consistent with the school's Strategic Plan and accepted program direction.
• Serve as a contributing member to the school's administrative team.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as delegated by the Head of School.
The successful candidate will:
• Have successful IB teaching experience at the High School level.
• Possess appropriate degrees and have or be pursuing certification in the area of High School Administration.
• Have at least two years of full-time experience as a High School Administrator.
• Have overseas international school experience and demonstrated success in a multicultural school environment with the ability to foster trust in his or her leadership.
• Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication (listening, written and oral) skills as well as strong analytical, decision-making and planning skills.
• Be student-centered, open, approachable, positive, and of strong moral character.
• Work with the curriculum office in leading the curriculum development process.
• Commit to and foster community involvement and support for students, programs and committees.
• Have demonstrated excellent organizational and managerial skills and the ability to work collaboratively with faculty and the administrative team to ensure the mission of Cairo American College is achieved.