Practice a comprehensive nursing care in accordance with professional values and moral principles and maintains confidentiality of all information as per RPM policy and UAE Professional Code of Conduct for Nurses;
· Perform nursing duties by conducting primarily assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care according to DOH and RPM nurses’ scope of practice in order to establishes priorities of care, nursing actions and desired outcomes in a timely manner;
· Identify potential and actual risks, by utilizing appropriate risk assessment tools, maximize infection prevention and control practices and to minimizes the acquisition and transmission of infectious agents through implement appropriate action plans and reports the outcome to quality and risk unit in coordination with line manager;
· Identify any significant changes in the patient’s condition, initiate appropriate action and report to the immediate supervisor or physician on duty as appropriate;
· Collaborate with the multi-disciplinary team, demonstrates good communication skills, interacts effectively with patients, visitors and other staff, and acts as a client advocates to ensure high quality care for clients;
· Document properly the nursing care for each client from point of first contact throughout the episode of care incorporating discharge planning by utilizing evidence-based practice in provision of care;
· Administer medications to patients according to clinic’s policy and procedures. Understand mode of actions of medication, contraindication, evaluate patient’s response and identify and report side effects and initiate proper actions within the scope of nursing practice to minimize patient harm and improve clinical outcome.
· Monitor and ensure safe custody of controlled medications and narcotics and proper documentation according to DOH rules and regulations;
· Undertake the investigation of incidents and any untoward occurrence within unit/department such as medication error, patient falls, etc. .and submit a written report to the concern personnel according to clinic’s incident reporting policy;
· Participate in the orientation program of new employees, as well as in identifying and recommending their training and development needs;
· Comply with RPM’s emergency response plan through initiating emergency safe practices and fire safety measures as necessary;
· Report policy variances immediately as per the organization policy;
· Foster a climate of mutual understanding, and appreciation of cross-cultural differences inherent in multicultural society and client base, individualized care that supports psychosocial functioning and facilitates lifestyle changes;
· Participate, contribute and implement quality improvement ideas through participation in department meetings, relevant committees and unit specific Quality Audits as directed.
· Check and assist shift in charge/charge nurses to maintain the unit stock for routine function and acts as Shift in charge as delegated.
· Report to RPM Management on parameters which may include but not limited to reporting the patient visit information, patient transfers and major incidents related to RPM Scope of service at occupational sites or clinics etc.
· Provide reassurance, acceptance and encouragement during times of stress and attend closely to a patient’s verbal and non-verbal messages.
· Address patients’ complaints at clinic level
· Participate in continuous quality improvement activities.
· Perform other job-related duties assigned by the management in relation with above roles subject to the requirements of the site, HSE, DOH, RPM clients and stake holders etc.