Welcomes and seats customers, checks reservations, manages the wait list when the restaurant is busy, and ensure to give a warm welcome to all guests, providing an efficient and courteous approach at all times. This role serves as an ambassador for the exceptional service and cuisine that are hallmarks of customer dining experience.
Job Roles & Responsibilities
• Consistently offers a professional, friendly greeting and engaging service to ensures that the customer needs are attended at all times.
• Manages reservations book and answer the telephone in an impeccable manner
• Ensures uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, maintain confidentiality of proprietary information, and protect organization assets
• Follows restaurant policies, procedures, service standards and all safety and sanitation policies at all times
Additional Job Roles & Responsibilities
• Offers consistently professional, friendly, warm and engaging service. Warmly and graciously greet all guests upon arrival and departure and escort them through the restaurant.
• Collect customer reservations and practice space management in order to optimize the seating capacity of the restaurant.
• Ensure place settings are appropriate and each guest has a napkin, clean silverware, and any other item that is part of the standard restaurant setting.
• Monitors dining areas for seating availability, service, safety, and well being of guests.
• Conducts inspection of dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
• Assist guests regarding food and beverage menu items in an informative and helpful way
• Provide information to guests regarding set menus.
• Observes the cleanliness of work areas throughout the day, practicing clean-as-you-go procedures.
• Handle guest special requests and complaints and reporting them to the leaders.
• Maintain high personal appearance and hygiene standards (hair well-kept and groomed; light and natural make-up; light colors polish; uniform clean, ironed and well-maintained; rocky black shoes)
• Observe and practice teamwork among colleagues and ensure total guest satisfaction.
• Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards
• Customer and Personal Service - Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
• Knowledge of all menu items, garnishes, contents and preparation methods
• Knowledge of all menus and ongoing promotions in the restaurant
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to monitor the entire dining area
• Demonstrates the restaurant s high standards of service with courtesy, efficiency, professionalism and friendliness
• Ability to speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
High School Diploma in any Related Technical Certificates